Mix: iMVNO, Detroit Pistons, Video sales, iPaperCraft
UBS analyst John Hodulik believes Apple is going to start its own MVNO service, buying wholesale capacity from Cingular, for its rumored iPhone. “If followed, this strategy would appear to indicate Apple’s increasing desire for customer control, and potentially, store traffic. We believe if volume had been the most important variable, Apple would work with all the major vendors in the U.S. to support its new iPod phone (iPhone), enabling it to target the heart of the 225 million domestic wireless users.”
The Detroit Pistons are selling an iPod shuffle clone with the team’s logo on it. The $25 player has 128MB of storage and comes pre-loaded with a message from Lindsey Hunter and National City Bank. Proceeds from the sales of the player will go to the Detroit Medical Center to benefit Breast Cancer Prevention.
According to research firm Strategy Analytics, online videos will become a billion-dollar business in 2007. While video download sales made through the iTunes Store and other sources will total just $298 million this year, the firm predicts that by the end of 2007 the market will grow to $1.5 billion.
iPaperCraft.com is an online service that generates free papercraft iPod covers for every model on the market. “Upload an image and the script prints fold/cut lines over the image. Print out the resulting PDF and you’ve got yourself a custom iPod cover.”
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?