Mix: In-Ear Headphones, iTunes 2008, Brothers In Arms, Star Wars
Apple’s new In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic are now available for order from the Apple Store online. Announced during Apple’s Let’s Rock event in September, the new headphones offer dual drivers, and an in-line control capsule that offers volume, play/pause, and next/previous track controls, as well as an integrated microphone. The In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic sell for $79.
As in years past, Apple has posted a special section of the iTunes store dedicated to the top media of 2008. Both top sellers and editor top picks are listed for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, audiobooks, and, for the first time, both paid and free apps. Top sellers in paid applications include Koi Pond, Moto Chaser, and Super Monkey Ball, while top free apps include Pandora Radio, Tap Tap Revenge, and Apple’s Remote application. All the top media may be viewed by visiting the iTunes 2008 section of the iTunes Store.
Gameloft has released Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes, a new third-person shooter for the iPhone and iPod touch. Users play as a soldier of the 101st Airborne during WWII, performing 14 missions across three campaigns, including Normandy, Ardennes, and Tunisia. In addition to being able to use a wide range of weapons, users will also be able to drive 4x4 vehicles and Sherman tanks. Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
THQ Wireless has released Star Wars Sound Board, a Lucasfilm-licensed app that allows users to replay sound bites from the series. Quotes from characters such as Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and C-3PO are included, as well as sound effects including the lightsaber, R2-D2’s beeps, Chewbacca’s growls, and TIE Fighters flying. Star Wars Sound Board is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?