Mix: In-Ear Headphones, iTunes 2008, Brothers In Arms, Star Wars
Apple’s new In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic are now available for order from the Apple Store online. Announced during Apple’s Let’s Rock event in September, the new headphones offer dual drivers, and an in-line control capsule that offers volume, play/pause, and next/previous track controls, as well as an integrated microphone. The In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic sell for $79.
As in years past, Apple has posted a special section of the iTunes store dedicated to the top media of 2008. Both top sellers and editor top picks are listed for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, audiobooks, and, for the first time, both paid and free apps. Top sellers in paid applications include Koi Pond, Moto Chaser, and Super Monkey Ball, while top free apps include Pandora Radio, Tap Tap Revenge, and Apple’s Remote application. All the top media may be viewed by visiting the iTunes 2008 section of the iTunes Store.
Gameloft has released Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes, a new third-person shooter for the iPhone and iPod touch. Users play as a soldier of the 101st Airborne during WWII, performing 14 missions across three campaigns, including Normandy, Ardennes, and Tunisia. In addition to being able to use a wide range of weapons, users will also be able to drive 4x4 vehicles and Sherman tanks. Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
THQ Wireless has released Star Wars Sound Board, a Lucasfilm-licensed app that allows users to replay sound bites from the series. Quotes from characters such as Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and C-3PO are included, as well as sound effects including the lightsaber, R2-D2’s beeps, Chewbacca’s growls, and TIE Fighters flying. Star Wars Sound Board is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Apple eyed Bill Simmons for exclusive podcast deal
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?