Mix: In-Ear Headphones, iTunes 2008, Brothers In Arms, Star Wars
Apple’s new In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic are now available for order from the Apple Store online. Announced during Apple’s Let’s Rock event in September, the new headphones offer dual drivers, and an in-line control capsule that offers volume, play/pause, and next/previous track controls, as well as an integrated microphone. The In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic sell for $79.
As in years past, Apple has posted a special section of the iTunes store dedicated to the top media of 2008. Both top sellers and editor top picks are listed for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, audiobooks, and, for the first time, both paid and free apps. Top sellers in paid applications include Koi Pond, Moto Chaser, and Super Monkey Ball, while top free apps include Pandora Radio, Tap Tap Revenge, and Apple’s Remote application. All the top media may be viewed by visiting the iTunes 2008 section of the iTunes Store.
Gameloft has released Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes, a new third-person shooter for the iPhone and iPod touch. Users play as a soldier of the 101st Airborne during WWII, performing 14 missions across three campaigns, including Normandy, Ardennes, and Tunisia. In addition to being able to use a wide range of weapons, users will also be able to drive 4x4 vehicles and Sherman tanks. Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
THQ Wireless has released Star Wars Sound Board, a Lucasfilm-licensed app that allows users to replay sound bites from the series. Quotes from characters such as Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and C-3PO are included, as well as sound effects including the lightsaber, R2-D2’s beeps, Chewbacca’s growls, and TIE Fighters flying. Star Wars Sound Board is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!