Mix: In-Ear Headphones, iTunes 2008, Brothers In Arms, Star Wars
Published: Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Apple’s new In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic are now available for order from the Apple Store online. Announced during Apple’s Let’s Rock event in September, the new headphones offer dual drivers, and an in-line control capsule that offers volume, play/pause, and next/previous track controls, as well as an integrated microphone. The In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic sell for $79.
As in years past, Apple has posted a special section of the iTunes store dedicated to the top media of 2008. Both top sellers and editor top picks are listed for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, audiobooks, and, for the first time, both paid and free apps. Top sellers in paid applications include Koi Pond, Moto Chaser, and Super Monkey Ball, while top free apps include Pandora Radio, Tap Tap Revenge, and Apple’s Remote application. All the top media may be viewed by visiting the iTunes 2008 section of the iTunes Store.
Gameloft has released Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes, a new third-person shooter for the iPhone and iPod touch. Users play as a soldier of the 101st Airborne during WWII, performing 14 missions across three campaigns, including Normandy, Ardennes, and Tunisia. In addition to being able to use a wide range of weapons, users will also be able to drive 4x4 vehicles and Sherman tanks. Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
THQ Wireless has released Star Wars Sound Board, a Lucasfilm-licensed app that allows users to replay sound bites from the series. Quotes from characters such as Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and C-3PO are included, as well as sound effects including the lightsaber, R2-D2’s beeps, Chewbacca’s growls, and TIE Fighters flying. Star Wars Sound Board is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac