Mix: Indie Podcasts, Woz, GarageBand, Lance Armstrong | iLounge News

Mix: Indie Podcasts, Woz, GarageBand, Lance Armstrong

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, July 1, 2005
News Categories:

Frank Barnako of MarketWatch notes that Podcasts produced by bloggers and independent web publishers are holding their own with those from commercial or public broadcasters. “By my count Friday morning, 47 of the [100] most subscribed or downloaded podcasts were produced by independents.”

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has “six iPods including the iPod Photo, the shuffle and the iPod minis,” he recently said in Digital Life magazine. “My favorite is the U2 iPod. Each iPod contains a different type of music.” [via Macworld UK]

Apple has put together a tutorial on how to use its GarageBand music software to create your own Podcast.

Throughout this year’s Tour de France, SIRIUS will offer behind-the-scenes reports from Lance Armstrong and will offer daily reports via a free Podcast. [via MDN]

« Mophie debuts Song Sling for iPod shuffle

Apple ‘clear winner’ in music download web traffic »

Comments

Podcasting!!! Shut up already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Mark on July 1, 2005 at 1:29 PM (PDT)

Having the Lance in France available for podcast is KEY, now I don’t have to sign up for free trials of Sirius every 3 days….

Posted by Jason on July 1, 2005 at 4:59 PM (PDT)

This is probably the wrong place and a stupid question, to boot, but how do I add a podcast that’s not in the iTMS to my iTunes/iPod?

Posted by Likelife on July 1, 2005 at 5:46 PM (PDT)

Drag the RSS feed link for the podcast you want to subscribe to from Safari (or Idiot Exploiter or whatever browser) into iTunes, et voila! Subscribed.

Pure Apple, pure simplicity.

Posted by MacIdol Crew on July 1, 2005 at 6:01 PM (PDT)

Or… go to Advanced : Subscribe to Podcast.

I found that about a half-minute after I posted my question.

Posted by Likelife on July 1, 2005 at 7:19 PM (PDT)

Likelife: You subsribe to a podcast and under your paylist it shows up

I’m suprized Apple hasn’t released a LivestongPod, It would be yellow and have a livestrong braclet and it would fit on your Trek Lance model bike with a… STFU about lance already, I work at a bikeshop and I have to hear people talk about how great the guy is WTF, I guess podcasting is kinda Apples way of adding a radio to you ipod.  What next Downloadable music videos?

Posted by bmxing85 on July 2, 2005 at 11:39 PM (PDT)