Mix: Inside Apple, KT iPhone 4G, Squeegit, Hanfree for iPad
Fortune Magazine has posted a lengthy, multi-page article concerning Apple in its May, 23 2011 issue. The article discusses Apple’s internal structure as it relates to the company’s performance, internal projects designed to help guide the company after Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ eventual departure, and a particularly colorful internal meeting on Apple’s campus after the rocky launch of MobileMe. A brief portion of the article, which contains some NSFW language, is available online; the full article is available in the full print issue, or in the iPad version, which sells for $5.
KT in South Korea has debuted its new WKF-B2500 WiMax sleeve for the iPhone 4. The B2500 provides the iPhone 4 with a fourth-generation WiMax wireless connection, and also offers an internal 1500mAh battery, and open access to all ports, controls, and cameras, save for the Dock Connector. According to Akihabara News, the sleeve sells for 128,000 Won, or roughly $118.
CleanerGear has introduced the Squeegit, a new cleaning tool for the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and other touchscreen devices. The Squeegit is a squeegee-like cleaning tool with a built-in reservoir and sprayer for the included CleanAid cleaning solution, letting users spray down and wipe off their displays without the need to carry around two separate items. The Squeegit is available now and sells for $15.
Designer Seth Quest is now accepting pre-orders for the new Hanfree iPad stand. Available with either a hardwood alder or plastic base, the Hanfree consists of a base, a pivoting stainless steel neck, and an iPad case with an integrated ball and socket joint for 360-degree rotation on the end of the neck. The Hanfree has reached its funding goal on Kickstarter and will retail for $80; those who pledge now can get the plastic version for $50, or the limited edition alder version for $200.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels