Mix: Inside Apple, KT iPhone 4G, Squeegit, Hanfree for iPad
Fortune Magazine has posted a lengthy, multi-page article concerning Apple in its May, 23 2011 issue. The article discusses Apple’s internal structure as it relates to the company’s performance, internal projects designed to help guide the company after Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ eventual departure, and a particularly colorful internal meeting on Apple’s campus after the rocky launch of MobileMe. A brief portion of the article, which contains some NSFW language, is available online; the full article is available in the full print issue, or in the iPad version, which sells for $5.
KT in South Korea has debuted its new WKF-B2500 WiMax sleeve for the iPhone 4. The B2500 provides the iPhone 4 with a fourth-generation WiMax wireless connection, and also offers an internal 1500mAh battery, and open access to all ports, controls, and cameras, save for the Dock Connector. According to Akihabara News, the sleeve sells for 128,000 Won, or roughly $118.
CleanerGear has introduced the Squeegit, a new cleaning tool for the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and other touchscreen devices. The Squeegit is a squeegee-like cleaning tool with a built-in reservoir and sprayer for the included CleanAid cleaning solution, letting users spray down and wipe off their displays without the need to carry around two separate items. The Squeegit is available now and sells for $15.
Designer Seth Quest is now accepting pre-orders for the new Hanfree iPad stand. Available with either a hardwood alder or plastic base, the Hanfree consists of a base, a pivoting stainless steel neck, and an iPad case with an integrated ball and socket joint for 360-degree rotation on the end of the neck. The Hanfree has reached its funding goal on Kickstarter and will retail for $80; those who pledge now can get the plastic version for $50, or the limited edition alder version for $200.
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- Cook discusses ambitious plan to beef up Apple Watch’s health monitoring
- New leak shows dual camera exclusive to ‘iPhone 7 Plus,’ but no Smart Connector
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)