Mix: Instant Previews, iPhone 64GB, UK iPad 3G, TiVo
Published: Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Google has announced that its Instant Previews feature is now available on select mobile devices, including those running iOS 4.0 or later. The feature places a magnifying glass icon next to each search result, allowing the user to hop between traditional results and visual search results that provide a swipe-through gallery of site snapshots. To take advantage of the new feature, simply do a Google search from any iOS 4.x device.
M.I.C. Gadget has obtained what it claims is a “engineered prototype” iPhone leaked from Foxconn’s factory in Shenzhen. The device, which is in a working state and contains 64GB of internal storage, is physically similar to the iPhone 4 prototype photographed by Gizmodo last year. As Mac Rumors notes, the device’s serial number indicates that it was produced in early 2010, meaning it is more likely evidence that Apple considered releasing a 64GB iPhone 4 model than evidence of any future 64GB iPhone model from Apple.
A number of UK mobile carriers have announced their plans for the iPad 2. According to posts on the Twitter accounts of T-Mobile UK and Orange UK PR Manager Conor Maples, both T-Mobile and Orange—collectively known as Everything Everywhere—will be selling the iPad 2 in the UK once it’s made available in the country “later this month.” O2, meanwhile, has confirmed that will not be stocking the iPad 2, but will allow customers to use the carriers’ Pay & Go Mobile Broadband iPad tariffs. [via Macworld UK]
TiVo is considering offering live streaming of content from the company’s DVR boxes to the iPad, according to a recent survey. Engadget reports that several readers have reported receiving surveys from TiVo in which they’re asked their opinion on an option to “stream live TV, DVR recordings and TV shows from a cable company’s On Demand library to one’s iPad.” As is typical with surveys, the wording of this question is in no way confirmation that such a feature is coming, but is instead evidence that the company is exploring the possibility.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number