Mix: Instant Previews, iPhone 64GB, UK iPad 3G, TiVo
Google has announced that its Instant Previews feature is now available on select mobile devices, including those running iOS 4.0 or later. The feature places a magnifying glass icon next to each search result, allowing the user to hop between traditional results and visual search results that provide a swipe-through gallery of site snapshots. To take advantage of the new feature, simply do a Google search from any iOS 4.x device.
M.I.C. Gadget has obtained what it claims is a “engineered prototype” iPhone leaked from Foxconn’s factory in Shenzhen. The device, which is in a working state and contains 64GB of internal storage, is physically similar to the iPhone 4 prototype photographed by Gizmodo last year. As Mac Rumors notes, the device’s serial number indicates that it was produced in early 2010, meaning it is more likely evidence that Apple considered releasing a 64GB iPhone 4 model than evidence of any future 64GB iPhone model from Apple.
A number of UK mobile carriers have announced their plans for the iPad 2. According to posts on the Twitter accounts of T-Mobile UK and Orange UK PR Manager Conor Maples, both T-Mobile and Orange—collectively known as Everything Everywhere—will be selling the iPad 2 in the UK once it’s made available in the country “later this month.” O2, meanwhile, has confirmed that will not be stocking the iPad 2, but will allow customers to use the carriers’ Pay & Go Mobile Broadband iPad tariffs. [via Macworld UK]
TiVo is considering offering live streaming of content from the company’s DVR boxes to the iPad, according to a recent survey. Engadget reports that several readers have reported receiving surveys from TiVo in which they’re asked their opinion on an option to “stream live TV, DVR recordings and TV shows from a cable company’s On Demand library to one’s iPad.” As is typical with surveys, the wording of this question is in no way confirmation that such a feature is coming, but is instead evidence that the company is exploring the possibility.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?