Mix: iPad 2 reservations, Cydia blocked, iPad 2 LCIs, iOS alarm glitch
Apple is now accepting online reservations for next-day, in-store iPad 2 pickup in Australia. MacStories reports that customers can only reserve an iPad 2 if their selected Apple retail store has them in stock. Interested customers can access the reservation system via Apple’s retail site.
Apple has reportedly blocked access to the Cydia jailbreak app store on its retail store networks. The iPhone Download Blog reports that if a user attempts to load the Cydia store while on one of Apple’s free wi-fi networks, they will be redirected to Apple’s website instead.
Apple has removed all external liquid contact indicators (LCI) on the iPad 2, according to a new report. 9to5Mac claims that Apple’s Genius database now lists checking the SIM card tray (if present) for corrosion as the only way to externally check for damage caused by liquid. iFixit’s teardown of the iPad 2’s headphone jack showed no LCIs present, as they were in the first-generation design; the first-generation iPad also had LCIs in the 30-pin connector port, whereas the iPad 2 appears to have none.
Some iPhone users in the U.K. are reporting that a glitch in iOS caused their alarms to malfunction. BBC News reports that the problem is related to the clocks going forward for British Summer Time, and left some users’ alarms coming one hour late, one hour early, or not sounding at all. The report notes that the glitch appears to have affected non-recurring alarms set within the iPhone’s calendar application, rather than its dedicated alarm clock.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple and U2 to work together on music innovation
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Pay to China
- Report: Future Apple Watches to include more health features, sensors
- iPhone 6 pre-orders plagued by issues
- Apple upgrades current iCloud users to new storage prices
- Report: Apple to use digital queue system at stores for iPhone 6 launch
- iPhone 6 release delayed in China, pre-orders start 12:01AM PT (Update: Pre-order pickup option)
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010