Mix: iPad 2 reservations, Cydia blocked, iPad 2 LCIs, iOS alarm glitch
Apple is now accepting online reservations for next-day, in-store iPad 2 pickup in Australia. MacStories reports that customers can only reserve an iPad 2 if their selected Apple retail store has them in stock. Interested customers can access the reservation system via Apple’s retail site.
Apple has reportedly blocked access to the Cydia jailbreak app store on its retail store networks. The iPhone Download Blog reports that if a user attempts to load the Cydia store while on one of Apple’s free wi-fi networks, they will be redirected to Apple’s website instead.
Apple has removed all external liquid contact indicators (LCI) on the iPad 2, according to a new report. 9to5Mac claims that Apple’s Genius database now lists checking the SIM card tray (if present) for corrosion as the only way to externally check for damage caused by liquid. iFixit’s teardown of the iPad 2’s headphone jack showed no LCIs present, as they were in the first-generation design; the first-generation iPad also had LCIs in the 30-pin connector port, whereas the iPad 2 appears to have none.
Some iPhone users in the U.K. are reporting that a glitch in iOS caused their alarms to malfunction. BBC News reports that the problem is related to the clocks going forward for British Summer Time, and left some users’ alarms coming one hour late, one hour early, or not sounding at all. The report notes that the glitch appears to have affected non-recurring alarms set within the iPhone’s calendar application, rather than its dedicated alarm clock.
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!