Mix: iPad 2 shipping, iWeb, AT&T pricing, iPad 1 mirroring
Apple has once again lowered its shipment wait times on new iPad 2 units ordered from its online store. A quick check of the U.S. store shows a 2-3 week wait for all new models, down from 3-4 weeks; the same estimated shipment times are given on Apple’s international stores, as well, according to Mac Rumors.
An Apple patent application covering an electronic document authoring system has suggested the company plans to release a version of its iWeb website building application for the iPad. In the patent, pointed out by Patently Apple, Apple lists iWeb in a list of productivity apps that have been designed to work with gestures and touchscreen displays such as the iPad, alongside existing applications Keynote, Pages, and Numbers.
AT&T has quietly raised its early upgrade pricing on the iPhone, according to a new report. Citing an image of an internal AT&T memo, Android Central reports that the company is adding $50 to its early upgrade pricing for iPhone, bringing the 8GB iPhone 3GS to $299, the 16GB iPhone 4 to $449, and the 32GB iPhone 4 to $549.
Nature’s Eye Studios has discovered how to enable display mirroring on the first-generation iPad. According to a blog post on the company’s website, the hack requires that the iPad be running iOS 4.3 or later and be jailbroken; users then need only make a simple change in a .plist file, save, and restart the device.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0