Mix: iPad hospital, iTunes Festival, iPad user, ARM rumor
Kaweah Delta Health Care District in Visalia, CA is preparing to deploy more than 100 iPads for use by healthcare workers. Network World reports that the while the Nick Volosin, Keweah’s director of technical services, has bought three iPads for testing already, roughly 20 of the hospital’s doctors had already purchased one. “This is going to make my day easier and patient safety better,” Kidney Specialist Dr. Roger Haley said during an interview with a local ABC news station. “Now, I don’t have to find a workstation to do what I need to do; I do it right there, right then, right now.” The 100-plus iPads planned for deployment will be used by all manner of healthcare workers, including home health and hospice care workers, nurses, dietitians, and pharmacists.
Apple has announced the dates for its 2010 London iTunes Festival, to be held at Camden’s Roundhouse in London. As in past years, the Festival will feature 62 bands playing over the 31 nights of July, kicking off with Scissor Sisters on the 1st, Tony Bennett on the 2nd, and Ozzy Osbourne on the 3rd; more artists are expected to be announced in the coming days. For more information, visit the official iTunes Festival website. [via TUAW]
99-year-old Virginia Campbell has become the subject of a recent television segment and a YouTube tribute thanks to her new iPad. In an interview with Fox 12 in Oregon, Campbell revealed that while she had been an avid reader, and enjoyed writing, she had been unable to do either recently due to her glaucoma, which made it impossible for her to read large-print library books or even her own handwriting. Since receiving the iPad, Campbell has been able to read again, thanks in part to the high contrast of the device’s screen, and has been using Pages for composition. Continue reading to see both videos below in embedded form.
Apple may be considering an acquisition of chip designer ARM Holdings, if a curiously-sourced London Evening Standard report is to be believed. Citing “gossips,” the report claims that Apple would be interested in ARM due to its use of ARM’s designs in its iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad processors; these same speculators suggest a deal for ARM would cost around £5.2 billion, or roughly $8 billion. ARM CEO Warren East sees the situation differently, however, telling The Guardian, “Exciting though it is to have [our] share price pushed up by these rumours, common sense tells us that our standard business model is an excellent way for technology companies to gain access to our technology. Nobody has to buy the company.”
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?