Mix: iPad pre-orders, China Mobile, iAngle, China Unicom
Although Apple only began accepting pre-orders for the iPad in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Monday for delivery on May 28, the company is now citing a delivery date of June 7 for new orders. Appleinsider reports that the later ship date is listed on new pre-orders in all nine countries, on both the iPad with Wi-Fi and the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G, indicating that Apple has sold through its initial allotment of units set aside for online sales; the company is expected to have iPad units on hand for its international retail stores on launch day.
At the company’s recent annual shareholder meeting, China Mobile Chairman Wang Jianzhou said the company is interested in selling the iPad in China. Reuters reports that Jianzhou also said the company was in talks with Apple about developing a next-generation iPhone that runs on TD-SCDMA, the specialized mobile standard being used by China Mobile.
Versed General has introduced its new iAngle stand/earphone holder for the iPhone and iPod touch. Made from industrial rubber and available in black or white, the two-inch long, triangular iAngle features two sides, one with a compartment for the earphones themselves with side channels for wrapping the cord up, and one with a main slot for holding the iPhone or iPod touch at a reclined angle for video watching. The iAngle is available now and sells for $10.
China Unicom is raising subsidies on the the iPhone in China in an effort to boost sales, Reuters reports. “Some 3G monthly subscription rates that were going for 96 yuan we have cut to 66 yuan, and that should help grow our subscriber base,” Unicom president Lu Yimin said following the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting. He added that the increased subsidies have helped, with iPhone sales climbing after the price cut.
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?