Mix: iPad pre-orders, China Mobile, iAngle, China Unicom
Although Apple only began accepting pre-orders for the iPad in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Monday for delivery on May 28, the company is now citing a delivery date of June 7 for new orders. Appleinsider reports that the later ship date is listed on new pre-orders in all nine countries, on both the iPad with Wi-Fi and the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G, indicating that Apple has sold through its initial allotment of units set aside for online sales; the company is expected to have iPad units on hand for its international retail stores on launch day.
At the company’s recent annual shareholder meeting, China Mobile Chairman Wang Jianzhou said the company is interested in selling the iPad in China. Reuters reports that Jianzhou also said the company was in talks with Apple about developing a next-generation iPhone that runs on TD-SCDMA, the specialized mobile standard being used by China Mobile.
Versed General has introduced its new iAngle stand/earphone holder for the iPhone and iPod touch. Made from industrial rubber and available in black or white, the two-inch long, triangular iAngle features two sides, one with a compartment for the earphones themselves with side channels for wrapping the cord up, and one with a main slot for holding the iPhone or iPod touch at a reclined angle for video watching. The iAngle is available now and sells for $10.
China Unicom is raising subsidies on the the iPhone in China in an effort to boost sales, Reuters reports. “Some 3G monthly subscription rates that were going for 96 yuan we have cut to 66 yuan, and that should help grow our subscriber base,” Unicom president Lu Yimin said following the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting. He added that the increased subsidies have helped, with iPhone sales climbing after the price cut.
- Report: Developers losing interest in making watchOS apps
- Source: New AI set to give Siri a massive improvement
- India officially rejects Apple’s bid to sell used phones
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)