Mix: iPad pre-orders, China Mobile, iAngle, China Unicom
Although Apple only began accepting pre-orders for the iPad in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Monday for delivery on May 28, the company is now citing a delivery date of June 7 for new orders. Appleinsider reports that the later ship date is listed on new pre-orders in all nine countries, on both the iPad with Wi-Fi and the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G, indicating that Apple has sold through its initial allotment of units set aside for online sales; the company is expected to have iPad units on hand for its international retail stores on launch day.
At the company’s recent annual shareholder meeting, China Mobile Chairman Wang Jianzhou said the company is interested in selling the iPad in China. Reuters reports that Jianzhou also said the company was in talks with Apple about developing a next-generation iPhone that runs on TD-SCDMA, the specialized mobile standard being used by China Mobile.
Versed General has introduced its new iAngle stand/earphone holder for the iPhone and iPod touch. Made from industrial rubber and available in black or white, the two-inch long, triangular iAngle features two sides, one with a compartment for the earphones themselves with side channels for wrapping the cord up, and one with a main slot for holding the iPhone or iPod touch at a reclined angle for video watching. The iAngle is available now and sells for $10.
China Unicom is raising subsidies on the the iPhone in China in an effort to boost sales, Reuters reports. “Some 3G monthly subscription rates that were going for 96 yuan we have cut to 66 yuan, and that should help grow our subscriber base,” Unicom president Lu Yimin said following the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting. He added that the increased subsidies have helped, with iPhone sales climbing after the price cut.
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!