Mix: iPDA 4.2, CoverScout 2.3.9, Open Door, Atari
Published: Thursday, September 25, 2008
ZappTek has released iPDA 4.2, the latest update to its iPod companion software for Mac. iPDA can transfer Word, PDF, Apple Pages, RTF or text documents to the iPod for portable viewing, and can also download RSS feeds, weather forecasts, driving directions and news headlines directly to the iPod. In addition, it supports the transfer of information from Entourage, Stickies, Mail, Address Book and iCal to the iPod. iPDA 4.2 adds full support for the fourth-generation iPod nano, including Contact groups. iPDA 4.2 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and sells for $20.
Equinux has released CoverScout 2.3.9, the latest version of its Mac application that helps users find and apply album covers to an iTunes music library. Version 2.3.9 adds support for iTunes 8, and sells for $30.
Open Door Networks has announced three new applications for the iPhone and iPod touch, along with an update to its iEnvision app. Art Envi Deluxe improves on the company’s popular Art Envi app with new features and access to additional artists and works. The app features “shows” by almost 100 new artists, with artists now organized both alphabetically and by period. It sells for $3. London Envi and Paris Envi, which sell for $2 each, utilize content from the “Michael Brein’s Travel Guides to Sightseeing by Public Transportation” series to offer simple sightseeing travel information, and iEnvision 1.1 adds the ability to save any image, automatically create a new show on any topic, and significant speed improvements. It is priced at $10; all four apps are now available on the App Store.
Following its recent release of two classic games, Atari president Phil Harrison has spoken out with praise for Apple’s iPhone, iPod touch, and App Store. “It’s very exciting to be bringing these influential and timeless games in their redesigned form to the iPhone and iPod touch, devices which are leading the global charge in innovative handheld technology and changing the way we consume and interact with media,” Harrison said. “This is the first step in bringing Atari’s wonderful heritage of games right up to date for the iPhone generation.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone