Mix: iPDA 4.2, CoverScout 2.3.9, Open Door, Atari
ZappTek has released iPDA 4.2, the latest update to its iPod companion software for Mac. iPDA can transfer Word, PDF, Apple Pages, RTF or text documents to the iPod for portable viewing, and can also download RSS feeds, weather forecasts, driving directions and news headlines directly to the iPod. In addition, it supports the transfer of information from Entourage, Stickies, Mail, Address Book and iCal to the iPod. iPDA 4.2 adds full support for the fourth-generation iPod nano, including Contact groups. iPDA 4.2 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and sells for $20.
Equinux has released CoverScout 2.3.9, the latest version of its Mac application that helps users find and apply album covers to an iTunes music library. Version 2.3.9 adds support for iTunes 8, and sells for $30.
Open Door Networks has announced three new applications for the iPhone and iPod touch, along with an update to its iEnvision app. Art Envi Deluxe improves on the company’s popular Art Envi app with new features and access to additional artists and works. The app features “shows” by almost 100 new artists, with artists now organized both alphabetically and by period. It sells for $3. London Envi and Paris Envi, which sell for $2 each, utilize content from the “Michael Brein’s Travel Guides to Sightseeing by Public Transportation” series to offer simple sightseeing travel information, and iEnvision 1.1 adds the ability to save any image, automatically create a new show on any topic, and significant speed improvements. It is priced at $10; all four apps are now available on the App Store.
Following its recent release of two classic games, Atari president Phil Harrison has spoken out with praise for Apple’s iPhone, iPod touch, and App Store. “It’s very exciting to be bringing these influential and timeless games in their redesigned form to the iPhone and iPod touch, devices which are leading the global charge in innovative handheld technology and changing the way we consume and interact with media,” Harrison said. “This is the first step in bringing Atari’s wonderful heritage of games right up to date for the iPhone generation.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0