Mix: iPhone 2.2.1 fix, Nickelodeon, dB meter, My Valentine
Apple has begun emailing customers affected by the iPhone 2.2.1 Software issue where some users experienced iTunes crashes upon sync following the installation of the latest iPhone and iPod touch software. Apple is recommending that affected users deauthorize their computers through iTunes, then reauthorize them, indicating that the process should fix the crashing problem. Mac Rumors notes, however, that some users report having to purchase a free iTunes app after following the above steps to completely fix the problem.
Nickelodeon has announced its upcoming slate of iPhone applications. Beginning with the SpongeBob Tickler, which was released on Jan. 20 and allows users to interact with the animated character using the touchscreen and accelerometer, the company plans to introduce six more apps between March and September. They include a Dora the Explorer app will challenge users to match shapes, count numbers and practice the alphabet; it will launch in March. SpongeBob’s Wacky Walk is a platform game that will allow users to tap, swipe, tilt and shake scenery to get obstacles out of SpongeBob’s way; it will be released in April. Another SpongeBob title, SpongeBob SquarePants Diner Dash, will be a SpongeBob-themed version of the popular casual game, Diner Dash, set in the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket and other under-the-sea locations, and will launch in July. Finally, iCarly on the iPhone will be a “live action” application, in which players will help the iCarly crew get ready for their next “webisode” by issuing quests around school and playing mini games at Carly’s studio. It will launch in September.
Faber Acoustical has released dB, a simple sound level meter application for the iPhone, iPhone 3G, and second-generation iPod touch. The application lets users “tag” what’s happening around them with a the current sound level, and optionally with a photo, GPS location, a graph, and more, and share the tag via email or Twitter. The app has been designed to work with both the iPhone’s built-in microphone and Apple’s microphone-enabled headphones, and can measure sound levels up to approximately 105 dB. dB is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Origin Creative has introduced its new My Valentine application for the iPhone and iPod touch. My Valentine allows users to create personalized messages for loved ones, offering over 30 different cards and 18 greetings. Users can then email the cards directly from the application, with no limit to the number of cards that may be sent. My Valentine is available now and sells for $2.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards