Mix: iPhone 2.2.1 fix, Nickelodeon, dB meter, My Valentine
Apple has begun emailing customers affected by the iPhone 2.2.1 Software issue where some users experienced iTunes crashes upon sync following the installation of the latest iPhone and iPod touch software. Apple is recommending that affected users deauthorize their computers through iTunes, then reauthorize them, indicating that the process should fix the crashing problem. Mac Rumors notes, however, that some users report having to purchase a free iTunes app after following the above steps to completely fix the problem.
Nickelodeon has announced its upcoming slate of iPhone applications. Beginning with the SpongeBob Tickler, which was released on Jan. 20 and allows users to interact with the animated character using the touchscreen and accelerometer, the company plans to introduce six more apps between March and September. They include a Dora the Explorer app will challenge users to match shapes, count numbers and practice the alphabet; it will launch in March. SpongeBob’s Wacky Walk is a platform game that will allow users to tap, swipe, tilt and shake scenery to get obstacles out of SpongeBob’s way; it will be released in April. Another SpongeBob title, SpongeBob SquarePants Diner Dash, will be a SpongeBob-themed version of the popular casual game, Diner Dash, set in the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket and other under-the-sea locations, and will launch in July. Finally, iCarly on the iPhone will be a “live action” application, in which players will help the iCarly crew get ready for their next “webisode” by issuing quests around school and playing mini games at Carly’s studio. It will launch in September.
Faber Acoustical has released dB, a simple sound level meter application for the iPhone, iPhone 3G, and second-generation iPod touch. The application lets users “tag” what’s happening around them with a the current sound level, and optionally with a photo, GPS location, a graph, and more, and share the tag via email or Twitter. The app has been designed to work with both the iPhone’s built-in microphone and Apple’s microphone-enabled headphones, and can measure sound levels up to approximately 105 dB. dB is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Origin Creative has introduced its new My Valentine application for the iPhone and iPod touch. My Valentine allows users to create personalized messages for loved ones, offering over 30 different cards and 18 greetings. Users can then email the cards directly from the application, with no limit to the number of cards that may be sent. My Valentine is available now and sells for $2.
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!