Mix: iPhone 2.2.1 fix, Nickelodeon, dB meter, My Valentine
Apple has begun emailing customers affected by the iPhone 2.2.1 Software issue where some users experienced iTunes crashes upon sync following the installation of the latest iPhone and iPod touch software. Apple is recommending that affected users deauthorize their computers through iTunes, then reauthorize them, indicating that the process should fix the crashing problem. Mac Rumors notes, however, that some users report having to purchase a free iTunes app after following the above steps to completely fix the problem.
Nickelodeon has announced its upcoming slate of iPhone applications. Beginning with the SpongeBob Tickler, which was released on Jan. 20 and allows users to interact with the animated character using the touchscreen and accelerometer, the company plans to introduce six more apps between March and September. They include a Dora the Explorer app will challenge users to match shapes, count numbers and practice the alphabet; it will launch in March. SpongeBob’s Wacky Walk is a platform game that will allow users to tap, swipe, tilt and shake scenery to get obstacles out of SpongeBob’s way; it will be released in April. Another SpongeBob title, SpongeBob SquarePants Diner Dash, will be a SpongeBob-themed version of the popular casual game, Diner Dash, set in the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket and other under-the-sea locations, and will launch in July. Finally, iCarly on the iPhone will be a “live action” application, in which players will help the iCarly crew get ready for their next “webisode” by issuing quests around school and playing mini games at Carly’s studio. It will launch in September.
Faber Acoustical has released dB, a simple sound level meter application for the iPhone, iPhone 3G, and second-generation iPod touch. The application lets users “tag” what’s happening around them with a the current sound level, and optionally with a photo, GPS location, a graph, and more, and share the tag via email or Twitter. The app has been designed to work with both the iPhone’s built-in microphone and Apple’s microphone-enabled headphones, and can measure sound levels up to approximately 105 dB. dB is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Origin Creative has introduced its new My Valentine application for the iPhone and iPod touch. My Valentine allows users to create personalized messages for loved ones, offering over 30 different cards and 18 greetings. Users can then email the cards directly from the application, with no limit to the number of cards that may be sent. My Valentine is available now and sells for $2.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?