Mix: iPhone 3G ads, Gartner, iFund, DownloadShopper
As part of a legal rebuttal to a prior complaint and lawsuit by iPhone customer William Gillis over iPhone 3G issues and possible false advertising based on the “twice as fast for half the price” claim, Apple has stated that “no reasonable person” should have actually believed the slogan. “Plaintiff’s claims, and those of the purported class, are barred by the fact that the alleged deceptive statements were such that no reasonable person in Plaintiff’s position could have reasonably relied on or misunderstood Apple’s statements as claims of fact,” Apple said in its response. Gillis was one of many disgruntled iPhone customers to file suit against the company, and AT&T, in the aftermath of issues surrounding the iPhone 3G’s initial release.
Market research company Gartner has released its third-quarter smartphone findings, showing Apple in the third position in global smartphone marketshare with 12.9% of the market. More notably, however, Gartner also revealed that for the first time, iPhone sales exceeded sales of Windows Mobile devices both worldwide and in North America. Finally, the company said that Apple shipped nearly 7 million iPhones into the channel in the third quarter, but has built up around 2 million units of inventory. The firm said overall smartphone marketshare grew 11.5% year-over-year.
According to a new report, over 550 companies had their applications to Kleiner Perkins’ iFund compromised after they were accidentally published to the web. TechCrunch reports that the data was accidentally published by KPCB’s former hosting provider Meteora Technologies Group in the form of an SQL database file. The file has since been removed, but exposed very detailed information about the companies, including contact information, business plans, financial information, and more.
Web developer Matt Brucker has launched a new site that allows users to search for music and compare prices between several major online music stores. DownloadShopper.com lets users search by Artist, Song, or Album, and compare pricing on the iTunes Store, Amazon MP3, and Wal-Mart, with markings for iTunes Plus tracks as well as pricing for both individual tracks and complete albums. In addition, the site offers a “Hot Deals” section listing free or discounted downloads from all three stores.
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?