Mix: iPhone 3G ads, Gartner, iFund, DownloadShopper
As part of a legal rebuttal to a prior complaint and lawsuit by iPhone customer William Gillis over iPhone 3G issues and possible false advertising based on the “twice as fast for half the price” claim, Apple has stated that “no reasonable person” should have actually believed the slogan. “Plaintiff’s claims, and those of the purported class, are barred by the fact that the alleged deceptive statements were such that no reasonable person in Plaintiff’s position could have reasonably relied on or misunderstood Apple’s statements as claims of fact,” Apple said in its response. Gillis was one of many disgruntled iPhone customers to file suit against the company, and AT&T, in the aftermath of issues surrounding the iPhone 3G’s initial release.
Market research company Gartner has released its third-quarter smartphone findings, showing Apple in the third position in global smartphone marketshare with 12.9% of the market. More notably, however, Gartner also revealed that for the first time, iPhone sales exceeded sales of Windows Mobile devices both worldwide and in North America. Finally, the company said that Apple shipped nearly 7 million iPhones into the channel in the third quarter, but has built up around 2 million units of inventory. The firm said overall smartphone marketshare grew 11.5% year-over-year.
According to a new report, over 550 companies had their applications to Kleiner Perkins’ iFund compromised after they were accidentally published to the web. TechCrunch reports that the data was accidentally published by KPCB’s former hosting provider Meteora Technologies Group in the form of an SQL database file. The file has since been removed, but exposed very detailed information about the companies, including contact information, business plans, financial information, and more.
Web developer Matt Brucker has launched a new site that allows users to search for music and compare prices between several major online music stores. DownloadShopper.com lets users search by Artist, Song, or Album, and compare pricing on the iTunes Store, Amazon MP3, and Wal-Mart, with markings for iTunes Plus tracks as well as pricing for both individual tracks and complete albums. In addition, the site offers a “Hot Deals” section listing free or discounted downloads from all three stores.
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?