Mix: iPhone, AT&T stores, SanDisk, The Beatles
The extraordinary amount of iPhone press coverage has already generated $400 million in free publicity for Apple, says Harvard Business School professor David Yoffie. “No other company has ever received that kind of attention for a product launch,” Yoffie says. “It’s unprecedented.”
AT&T, the exclusive U.S. carrier of the iPhone, will have a grand opening this week for a 5,000-square foot store in Houston, Texas—the first of 11 “AT&T Experience” stores the company plans to open this year.
SanDisk may benefit from Apple’s flash-memory intensive roadmap, according to a Wall Street analyst. The AP reports: “Although Apple is not a customer of SanDisk, and although the companies have competing flash memory-based MP3 players on the market, American Technology Research analyst Doug Freedman thinks Apple’s increasing orders for flash memory may help absorb oversupply and could help solidify prices.”
The Beatles’ record label has denied a report that the band’s music is about to be released online. “UK download site Wippit indicated it would be first to sell the songs in a headline on its press release pages,” reports BBC News. “EMI said the statement was untrue and has asked for it to be removed.”
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?