Mix: iPhone in India, Ireland, and Switzerland
Apple may launch the iPhone in India this year, according to a new report. The Business Standard, citing “Apple sources,” says the 8GB model will appear on the market first, with Vodafone as the carrier. “The carrier deal for India is being worked out with Vodafone,” said the source, adding: “Vodafone could also become the carrier for the Australian market once iPhone is launched there, though more than one carrier is likely for Australia.” The report states that the 16GB model’s launch may be staggered to the middle of 2009, “based on buyer response.”
Despite the recent, limited-time price reduction on the 8GB iPhone by O2 in the UK, the company claims it has no plans of extending the discount to customers in Ireland. “At present, we have no plans to introduce a similar promotional offer,” said the company. “However, as with all our products and services, we will continue to review our pricing strategy for the iPhone on an ongoing basis.”
There are 34,200 active iPhones operating in Switzerland (subscription req.), according to a report from Swiss newspaper Heute. Citing spokespersons from Swiss carriers Orange Switzerland, Sunrise, and Swisscom, the paper reports that the number of active iPhones on Swisscom grew from 13,000 in March to 20,000 in April, with Orange reporting 9,500 active phones, and Sunrise claiming 4,700 active devices. Apple has yet to announce a carrier and release date for the iPhone in Switzerland.
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?