Mix: iPhone Stencil, Stephenson, Hyperwall, Navigon
Design Commission is now offering an iPhone Stencil Kit (pictured) for developers to quickly mock-up application interfaces. The kit includes a precision cut stainless steel stencil featuring commonly-used UI elements, a Zebra mechanical pencil, and a downloadable PDF-format, letter-sized paper template for use with the stencil. The iPhone Stencil Kit is available now and sells for $17.
During an interview at the D7 conference, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson made several comments related to the iPhone, wireless networks, and future plans. Stephenson said that the move to 7.2mbps HSPA would not have a negative impact on its network as data demands grow, saying, “it’s all network management….We’ll have a whole new capacity.” He also said that when both AT&T and Verizon are operating LTE networks, consumers should be able to take their handsets with them from one carrier to the other, and that the company remains happy with its iPhone arrangement with Apple, saying the company has “no complaints.” A full video of the interview is available online.
Apple had an interesting art-like installation called the “Hyperwall” on display at its 2009 WWDC conference. Built using 20 Mac Pro towers running Snow Leopard, programmed in Quartz Composer using new OpenCL APIs and shown on 20 synchronized 30-inch Apple Cinema Displays, the wall showed the activity of the 20,000 most popular apps on the App Store, arranged by color, animating each app’s icon every time the app was downloaded from the store. Click the link above to see it in action.
GPS maker Navigon has announced that it will be bringing its turn-by-turn GPS app MobileNavigator to the iPhone, placing it in direct competition with TomTom, which demonstrated its application during Monday’s Keynote. The new software will feature Reality View Pro, Real Roadsign Pro, Lane Assistant Pro, Speed Assistant, Day & Night Mode, and the ability to display points of interest along the route, as well automatic display adjustment, and intelligent address entry, and the ability to navigate directly to a contact’s address. The company will also offer a free Lite version that lacks active route guidance, but can display maps and nearby points of interest. Navigon’s MobileNavigator will be available later this month; pricing has yet to be announced.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0