Mix: iPhone Vista, NPD, Genius Bar, Late Show
Speaking at Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference in Washington, D.C., Microsoft COO Kevin Turner made several disparaging remarks about the iPhone 4, according to a Computerworld report. “It looks like the iPhone 4 might be their Vista, and I’m okay with that,” Turner said, referencing Microsoft’s replacement for Windows XP that was heavily criticized. He later poked fun at the phone’s reception issues, saying, “one of the things I want to make sure you know today is that you’re going to be able to use a Windows Phone 7 and not have to worry about how you’re holding it to make a phone call.”
A new NPD survey of over 3,800 iTunes users age 13 and up has revealed strong demand for Apple streaming options. Paid Content reports that based on the results, between seven and eight million iTunes users in the U.S. would have “strong interest” in a $10/month streaming service, with even higher demand—in the 13-15 million range—when free streaming access to users’ own iTunes libraries is included.
Apple is preparing to roll out a number of changes to its Genius Bar service areas at its retail stores. Mac Rumors reports that the changes will include active queue management, which will see other qualified employees more over to the Genius Bar as need to help handle walk-ins, the ability for technicians to handle more than one customer at a time when the first customer’s appointment is running long due to lengthy diagnostics or other time-consuming activities, a push for completing overnight repairs while removing some of the focus on “while you wait” repairs, and MobileGenius software deployed on iPod touch units around the store to allow other employees to provide rudimentary support while reducing clutter at the Genius Bar.
The iPhone was the subject of the “Top Ten” list on last night’s episode of the Late Show with David Letterman. Entitled “Top Ten Signs You’ve Purchased a Bad iPhone,” the list included reasons ranging from slightly humorous to slightly gross, but serves as yet another example of negative press for Apple due to the iPhone 4’s ongoing issues.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?