Mix: iPhone + Wal-Mart, iPod nano 4G bug, AT&T, T3 Awards
Wal-Mart will begin carrying the iPhone 3G on November 15th, according to a new report. The Boy Genius Report, citing anonymous sources, claims the handset will be available ahead of Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving which traditionally kicks-off the holiday shopping season), but does not provide any activation specifics or other details.
A new bug has been found in the current iPod nano 4G software. According to a thread on iLounge’s forums, the player will sometimes reverse the left and right audio channels when woken from its sleep mode, although the nano will often times correct the problem on its own after a subsequent power-down and reawakening.
AT&T will soon discontinue its $20/month “Unlimited” MediaNet data option for pay-as-you-go customers. Ars Techinca reports that users of the plan, which up until now has offered pre-paid iPhone customers up to 5GB of data transfer per month, are beginning to receive text messages from AT&T announcing the discontinuation, noting that 1MB and 5MB MediaNet packages will remain available.
British electronics magazine T3 recently announced the winners of its T3 Gadget Awards 2008, with Apple media products bringing home several awards. The 32GB iPod touch was named both Gadget of the Year and Best Music Gadget, while the iPhone brought home an award for Commuter Gadget of the Year.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks