Mix: iPhone + Wal-Mart, iPod nano 4G bug, AT&T, T3 Awards
Wal-Mart will begin carrying the iPhone 3G on November 15th, according to a new report. The Boy Genius Report, citing anonymous sources, claims the handset will be available ahead of Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving which traditionally kicks-off the holiday shopping season), but does not provide any activation specifics or other details.
A new bug has been found in the current iPod nano 4G software. According to a thread on iLounge’s forums, the player will sometimes reverse the left and right audio channels when woken from its sleep mode, although the nano will often times correct the problem on its own after a subsequent power-down and reawakening.
AT&T will soon discontinue its $20/month “Unlimited” MediaNet data option for pay-as-you-go customers. Ars Techinca reports that users of the plan, which up until now has offered pre-paid iPhone customers up to 5GB of data transfer per month, are beginning to receive text messages from AT&T announcing the discontinuation, noting that 1MB and 5MB MediaNet packages will remain available.
British electronics magazine T3 recently announced the winners of its T3 Gadget Awards 2008, with Apple media products bringing home several awards. The 32GB iPod touch was named both Gadget of the Year and Best Music Gadget, while the iPhone brought home an award for Commuter Gadget of the Year.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple names Apple Watch execs, now hiring others
- Apple posts removal guide for U2’s Songs of Innocence album
- Apple medical trials will provide HealthKit insights
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Report: Apple gets 0.15 percent from each Apple Pay transaction
- Apple announces record 4M+ pre-orders for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple and U2 to work together on music innovation
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010