Mix: iPod cake, Canada levy, Podcasting, Solio | iLounge News

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, July 28, 2005
News Categories:

image

image

imageWhile there have been iPod cakes before, iLounger Tony Hartt sent us photos of by far the best we’ve seen. “I recently turned the big 4-O and because of my love for everything apple my wife made me and iPod birthday cake,” Hartt said.

The Supreme Court of Canada on Thursday refused to hear any further arguments over a levy on iPods and other MP3 players, ending a dispute over the so-called iPod tax.

The New York Times’ David Pogue says that Apple “mainstreamed” podcasting thanks to a tried and true formula: “Find an exciting new technology whose complexity and cost keep it out of the average person’s life. Streamline it, mainstream it, strip away the geeky options. Take the credit.”

Better Energy Systems said today that Apple UK is now selling its Solio solar-powered iPod charger at the UK online Apple Store and high street retail stores.

« Thank you: iLounge named to Forbes Best of the Web, Favorites lists

ezGear intros ezEars SX50 earphones »

Comments

That’s awesome… Looks good too!

Posted by Justin Horne on July 28, 2005 at 4:54 PM (PDT)

niiiiiiice, I want cake now lol :p

Posted by matrixsjd on July 28, 2005 at 7:16 PM (PDT)

Not to argue or anything, but I wouldn’t call this cake the best one you’ve seen.

It looks to me like the cake is simply a regular rectangular cake with one of those edible printouts on top.

The other cakes you linked to in the article appearted to have been largely hand-crafted with icing.  And that takes a lot more skill than using a stock photo of an ipod and printing it onto a run-o-the mill cake.

Cool nonetheless, of course.  Just not the coolest of the 3.

Posted by Alex on July 29, 2005 at 6:30 AM (PDT)

i wondered how the display and stuff was done do well…!?

still it looks impressive grin

Posted by yinyang on July 29, 2005 at 7:54 AM (PDT)

dude i was at dairy queen in BFE werrrshintin. and me and stacy saw a wolf cake. thats right!!! a cake that had a wolf on it. it was way better.it totally killed this HP ipod cake.
peace.

Posted by randizzle on July 30, 2005 at 2:40 AM (PDT)

Not bad, but Alex is right - it’s just a rectangular cake with one of those edible printouts..

Now here is a good hand-crafted ipod cake - http://www.pinkcakebox.com/ipod-cake.php

Posted by Jesse Heap on November 18, 2005 at 8:50 PM (PDT)

Pls give me an update on cake.i want to know more about cake i mean every aspect of cake.My phone number is 08034408015.the e-mail address is above thanks.

Posted by OWOLABI TITILOPE MARY on December 28, 2005 at 3:41 AM (PDT)

kooll…wow what a one of A kind..i wish i had one…

Posted by mary on July 8, 2006 at 2:55 PM (PDT)

Hi Sir’s,
                              RISING TRADING CO

We are a supplier of Bluetooth Car Kit/Digital Photo Frames in Hong Kong, we have a good quality and fair prices, pls open the attached quotation.

Pls feel free to know anything about the products.

Waiting for the soonest reply from you.

Thanks&Regards;
alex

Posted by alex on November 10, 2006 at 6:46 AM (PDT)

How did Mr. Hartt’s wife make the graphic for the screen?  I’d love to do something like this with a customized screen image to put on a cake… I’m looking for something that lets me do an iPod screen graphic (not put a graphic on my iPod, I mean make a graphic that looks like an iPod screen playing a given song).

Posted by Ruth on June 11, 2007 at 3:56 AM (PDT)

Can you tell me how you printed the image of the ipod screen for this cake?  Wonderful cake!
Would love a reply to make for my son’s upcoming bday.
Thanks!

Posted by Jon Rohrbaugh on August 5, 2007 at 6:37 PM (PDT)

hey lol thats heaps nice!!!..can i eat it??/

cheers

♥ x o x o

Posted by RAchael on November 5, 2007 at 11:39 PM (PDT)