Mix: iPod DJ, iTunes emails, Toast, Sirius, iCon
iLounger Ata Oz provided us with a screenshot from the 350th episode of The Simpsons titled “Future-Drama.” In the episode, which aired last month, an iPod was used as the only DJ at Bart and Lisa’s Prom, 8 years into their future.
Apple has recently begun sending out targeted emails to iTunes customers, suggesting music based on previous purchases.
Roxio’s Toast 6.1 update for Mac OS X v10.4 blocks using the software to burn iTunes downloads. “Following discussions with Apple, this version will no longer allow customers to create audio CDs, audio DVDs, or export audio to their hard drive using purchased iTunes music store content,” the company said.
Former MTV personality Adam Curry’s Podcast show debuts tonight on Sirius. It is said to be “a cavalcade of podcasts collected into one four-hour broadcast.”
Wired has posted an excerpt from the upcoming Steve Jobs biography “iCon,” which caused Apple to pull all titles by the book’s publisher, John Wiley & Sons, from its Apple Stores.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?