Mix: iPod mindshare, Sonos update, iTunes 4.9, Podcast feeds
According to a study by TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence, more than 32 million Americans are planning to purchase an iPod within the next 12 months. The firm says iPod mindshare continues to outshine other devices like Sony’s Walkman Phone.
Sonos has released a software update that includes a “Sonos Desktop Controller” for the Mac, support for iTunes 4.9, and support for Windows Media Audio Internet radio stations.
PC Magazine gave iTunes 4.9 four out of five stars in a review posted this week. “Discovering and enjoying podcasts is now as simple as shopping for music,” the magazine says. “If you’re already using iTunes to manage your music, you can go online immediately and browse for interesting shows. If you’re using a different music organizer, this might tempt you to switch.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?