Mix: iPod mindshare, Sonos update, iTunes 4.9, Podcast feeds
According to a study by TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence, more than 32 million Americans are planning to purchase an iPod within the next 12 months. The firm says iPod mindshare continues to outshine other devices like Sony’s Walkman Phone.
Sonos has released a software update that includes a “Sonos Desktop Controller” for the Mac, support for iTunes 4.9, and support for Windows Media Audio Internet radio stations.
PC Magazine gave iTunes 4.9 four out of five stars in a review posted this week. “Discovering and enjoying podcasts is now as simple as shopping for music,” the magazine says. “If you’re already using iTunes to manage your music, you can go online immediately and browse for interesting shows. If you’re using a different music organizer, this might tempt you to switch.
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?