Mix: iPod shuffle praise, MPMan, Russian MP3 sites | iLounge News

Mix: iPod shuffle praise, MPMan, Russian MP3 sites

Ron Harris of the Associated Press says that the iPod shuffle “proves that fewer bells and whistles can be just as good as more” and that the player’s ease of use is “unrivaled.”

MP3.com’s Eliot Van Buskirk notes that the first MP3 player was not Diamond’s Rio PMP300 as many think—it was Saehan’s MPMan, sold in Asia and the US a few months before the Rio in 1998.

Peter Lewis of Fortune says the iPod shuffle is “bound to be a hit.” He says “It’s simple, useful, loads of fun, and inexpensive enough to entice newbies to give digital music a try.”

The Wall Street Journal looks at Russian Web sites—such as AllofMP3.com, MP3search.ru and 3MP3.ru—which tout legal music downloads for as little as a nickel apiece.

« Apple’s U2 silhouette spot named ‘smartest ad campaign’

Apple seeking two iPod interns »

Comments

Can someone please post the article from “The Wall Street Journal” I do not have access to that site and really curious to hear what they say about the Russian sites.  Thanks!  smile

Posted by Keeganskylar on January 25, 2005 at 1:09 PM (PDT)

Yes, me too (please). Or what their conclusion is.

Posted by elppadopi in Amsterdam on January 25, 2005 at 1:21 PM (PDT)

I’d also be inetersted in reading the article

Posted by Sorcery5 on January 25, 2005 at 1:57 PM (PDT)

AllofMp3.com is crazy; I downloaded an album for a dollar!

Posted by Mani on January 25, 2005 at 4:52 PM (PDT)

I just did a search on google news for 3mp3.ru and it found the article. I’m not a WSJ subscriber but I was able to view it.

Posted by purplestallion in Dallas, Texas on January 25, 2005 at 4:57 PM (PDT)

Another cool thing about AllofMP3.com is that you can preview the entire song, just at a lower bitrate. You can also choose your format and bitrate when downloading.

Posted by Mani on January 25, 2005 at 6:38 PM (PDT)

Posted by ahk057 in Kansas on January 25, 2005 at 6:52 PM (PDT)

allofmp3 is bananas. Even though they raised the price per mega byte (1 cent more) it is still amazingly crazy. The only thing I kinda don’t like is the sound quality… I can live with it though. ahk057 thanks for the link.

Posted by iYuc in Yucatan on January 25, 2005 at 7:12 PM (PDT)

i dont know how to get the music on my itunes?

Posted by sonyman in toronto on January 25, 2005 at 7:58 PM (PDT)

Allofmp3 is awesome but has some faults. First, the songs cost a few more cents then advertised. Not a big deal though. I really like the allofmp3 file/download manager called ‘allofmp3 explorer’ but it does not run on Mac. I use Virtual PC to run the allofmp3 explorer and then to get my allofmp3 files to iTunes, I create a virtual link to my desktop/iTunes music folder, copy the files by drag and drop to the desktop/iTunes music folder, then drag the files into the iTunes window to get them recognized. (There has to be a better way but I’m no guru.) It’s a pain but worth the money I save.  Also, one out of every twenty files does not fully download. Sometimes the explorer can correct this if you double click the file but I have paid for six incomplete songs so far.  Again, still worth the cost savings. Last, I use a gift card credit card with a twenty five dollar limit just incase.

Posted by onemantacteam in San Mateo on January 26, 2005 at 11:50 PM (PDT)

Welcome to the best source of MP3 music! That a new once site, where you can buy mp3 via e-gold, whithout registration and other uncomfort thing. It’s very easy to use our site - whithout your registration just choose a song or album you like, pay me through e-gold and download it! No directing links, everything is simple and convenient! Enjoy our smaller music collection!

Posted by velichk on February 5, 2007 at 4:38 PM (PDT)