Mix: iPod Trademark, Hewlett-Packard, Creative, Microsoft
Apple has expanded its trademark for the iPod from “portable and handheld digital electronic devices for recording, organizing, transmitting, manipulating, and reviewing text, data, and audio files” to “portable and handheld digital electronic devices for recording, organizing, transmitting, manipulating, and reviewing text, data, audio, image, and video files.”
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu said that Hewlett-Packard will likely stop bundling copies of iTunes on its desktops and laptops by the end of the year.
Needham & Co. analyst Charles Wolf said that while HP’s decision to stop reselling the iPod “should have little, if any, impact on iPod sales, the company missed a golden opportunity to build a material revenue stream at little expense. HP’s departure opens the door for Apple to expand the iPod’s distribution network even more rapidly than it has in the past.”
“Last year I declared war on Apple, but actually I was thinking of something bigger,’’ Creative Technology CEO Sim Wong Hoo recently said. “The war is in the living room. We are going after the living room.’’ Meanwhile, Microsoft said it isn’t looking to buy a stake in the Singapore consumer electronics company despite earlier speculation.
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?