Mix: iPod Trademark, Hewlett-Packard, Creative, Microsoft
Apple has expanded its trademark for the iPod from “portable and handheld digital electronic devices for recording, organizing, transmitting, manipulating, and reviewing text, data, and audio files” to “portable and handheld digital electronic devices for recording, organizing, transmitting, manipulating, and reviewing text, data, audio, image, and video files.”
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu said that Hewlett-Packard will likely stop bundling copies of iTunes on its desktops and laptops by the end of the year.
Needham & Co. analyst Charles Wolf said that while HP’s decision to stop reselling the iPod “should have little, if any, impact on iPod sales, the company missed a golden opportunity to build a material revenue stream at little expense. HP’s departure opens the door for Apple to expand the iPod’s distribution network even more rapidly than it has in the past.”
“Last year I declared war on Apple, but actually I was thinking of something bigger,’’ Creative Technology CEO Sim Wong Hoo recently said. “The war is in the living room. We are going after the living room.’’ Meanwhile, Microsoft said it isn’t looking to buy a stake in the Singapore consumer electronics company despite earlier speculation.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?