Mix: iSkin eVo3 for 5G iPods, iLoad PC-less ripper, i-Pax Speakers | iLounge News

Mix: iSkin eVo3 for 5G iPods, iLoad PC-less ripper, i-Pax Speakers

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Thursday, November 10, 2005
News Categories:

image iSkin has today announced eVo3 ($30), the latest in its popular line of full-sized iPod silicone rubber cases. eVo 3 boasts several new features, namely a “specially coated full face screen protector” for an enhanced viewing experience, “micro-pores to aid in heat dissipation” during video playback, a dust- and lint-reducing textured surface, integrated Click Wheel protection, a RevoClip 2 belt clip, and “free iPod video software.” It will be available for both 30GB and 60GB iPods in early December, 2005. A full-sized, rendered image of eVo3 is available at Read More.

Wingspan Partners has launched a teaser page for iLoad, an all-in-one device that promises to handle CD ripping and transferring to an iPod “along with all album and track data at a high rate of speed” without the use of a PC. No pricing or other specifics are provided. (via Gizmodo)

Following up on the release of its $150 portable i-Fusion speakers (iLounge rating: B+), reviewed by iLounge in August, Sonic Impact has announced i-Pax, a new $80 portable system designed specifically for the iPod shuffle. Unlike i-Fusion, which includes its own rechargeable battery pack, i-Pax runs off of four AA batteries for 24 hours, and uses a 9-pin docking connector specific to the iPod shuffle.

image

« Portable Media Expo & Podcasting Conference tomorrow, booths opening

Mix: Olympus, John Lennon, iDoom, Thought Out »

Comments

Purty! This is the case I have been waiting for!

Posted by Todd on November 10, 2005 at 10:37 AM (PDT)

thats really hot!

Posted by matt on November 10, 2005 at 10:40 AM (PDT)

this is very goooooooooooood!!!1

Posted by esteban on November 10, 2005 at 11:01 AM (PDT)

iSkin manages to uglify the iPod once again.

Posted by EM on November 10, 2005 at 11:32 AM (PDT)

I like it a lot

Posted by Macedonia on November 10, 2005 at 12:00 PM (PDT)

God I hope it comes in black.

Posted by Karim on November 10, 2005 at 12:12 PM (PDT)

Yes ! iSkin at last smile

I’ll buy a white one. I hope the real product will be better than the mockup.

Posted by Steph on November 10, 2005 at 12:48 PM (PDT)

what’s the dot for under the clickwheel?
those bastards. i just got an email from them today after i inquired about 5g cases. they said they had nothing to tell me other than they may have something out in the next few months.

Posted by mdwsta4 on November 10, 2005 at 1:08 PM (PDT)

Need case that will take the iTrip without taking it out of the case…

Posted by MaverickC17 on November 10, 2005 at 1:56 PM (PDT)

I know that the picture above is photo-shopped and all, but damnit I WANT it!!

Finally, proper protection for my 5G!!

Posted by ipodcaesar on November 10, 2005 at 3:03 PM (PDT)

Ehh, it looks kind of ugly…

Posted by Rene on November 10, 2005 at 3:18 PM (PDT)

All-in-all… it’s still a damn silicone case.

We’ll see how much this “dust- and lint-reducing textured surface” actually works.

I’m reall ynot such a negetive person, but I agree with some… it’s ugly.  Looks like it would fit in the PC world, not so much with Apples sleek and sexy look that they always maintain.  Reminds me of something alienware would do.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on November 10, 2005 at 3:28 PM (PDT)

Reminds me of something alienware would do.

It’s more like one or two Nokia candy bar designs cross-pollenating to me.

Posted by flatline response on November 10, 2005 at 8:03 PM (PDT)

Its nice to see innovative design from a manufacturer. All the condom cases out there are plain and boring. I have previous iSkins and they’re always ahead of their game.
I’d get one when i updgrade no question.

Posted by marquee on November 10, 2005 at 9:43 PM (PDT)

Well, some companies get it, in the way that they try to emulate apples superior aesthetic design, or at least not trample all over it or distract from it.  I have the Evo2 for the iPod photo and it’s nice and simple, but this one’s a little to “extreme”.  Not sure what made them go this direction, but I’ll be looking elsewhere for a skin.

The “alienware” comment was bang on.

Posted by Lukas on November 11, 2005 at 1:54 AM (PDT)

“Well, some companies get it, in the way that they try to emulate apples superior aesthetic design, or at least not trample all over it or distract from it.”

Except that to some the iPod’s have all the aesthetics of a toaster in your kitchen. I have never found them more than “curiously attractive”. What you call “superior aesthetics” I call minimalist and typical industrial design for a kitchen appliance somehow made cool by a popular ad campaign.

I like the attempt to add some style to what are otherwise nigh-indistinguishable silicone cases that leave you thinking, “I paid how much?” The only question is will the final product have the “punch” of their mockup or will they windup limp like their nano duos.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on November 11, 2005 at 6:05 AM (PDT)

All I have to say is that I can’t wait until early December!

Posted by HHSStealthDisco on November 11, 2005 at 7:05 AM (PDT)

Only available for 5G?

Posted by Barry on November 11, 2005 at 7:56 AM (PDT)

Why are 5g accessories being released in December?  I’ll have mine broke by then.

That comes in other colors right?  I’d like to stay straight.

Posted by Hank on November 11, 2005 at 9:16 AM (PDT)

does it teleport me to other fantastic worlds?

Posted by dave on November 11, 2005 at 2:38 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >