Mix: iToner, Quicken, Voyager, NPD
Ambrosia Software has released iToner 1.0.4, the latest version of its custom iPhone ringtone software offering support for iPhone software version 1.1.2. According to release notes, iToner 1.0.4 also offers “more robust iPhone OS 1.1.1 support to fix non-playing ringtones, fixed a bug with the playlists being updated when a ringtone was added from iTunes, and other bug fixes and enhancements.”
Intuit has announced plans to launch a version of its Quicken personal finance software for the iPhone that will be marketed as a service and will cost $3 a month. According to Reuters, the software has been designed to “appeal to younger consumers, people who may have used online banking… but do not use software to track those transactions.” Quicken for iPhone is expected to be officially announced January 8.
A review of the iPhone-competitor Verizon Voyager by the Chicago Tribune has found the handheld to be “second-rate” when compared to the iPhone, also calling Verizon’s V Cast music service “clunky” while declaring that the Voyager is a “good phone.”
New research by The NPD Group has found that more Mac users buy music both digitally and on CD than their PC-using counterparts, and also upload more music to their MP3 players, and listen to more music on their computers. “Apple’s growing share in the personal computing environment - and continued success with iPod sales - is a potential harbinger for the continued growth of digital music,” said Russ Crupnick, vice president and entertainment industry analyst, The NPD Group.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?