Mix: iToner, Quicken, Voyager, NPD
Ambrosia Software has released iToner 1.0.4, the latest version of its custom iPhone ringtone software offering support for iPhone software version 1.1.2. According to release notes, iToner 1.0.4 also offers “more robust iPhone OS 1.1.1 support to fix non-playing ringtones, fixed a bug with the playlists being updated when a ringtone was added from iTunes, and other bug fixes and enhancements.”
Intuit has announced plans to launch a version of its Quicken personal finance software for the iPhone that will be marketed as a service and will cost $3 a month. According to Reuters, the software has been designed to “appeal to younger consumers, people who may have used online banking… but do not use software to track those transactions.” Quicken for iPhone is expected to be officially announced January 8.
A review of the iPhone-competitor Verizon Voyager by the Chicago Tribune has found the handheld to be “second-rate” when compared to the iPhone, also calling Verizon’s V Cast music service “clunky” while declaring that the Voyager is a “good phone.”
New research by The NPD Group has found that more Mac users buy music both digitally and on CD than their PC-using counterparts, and also upload more music to their MP3 players, and listen to more music on their computers. “Apple’s growing share in the personal computing environment - and continued success with iPod sales - is a potential harbinger for the continued growth of digital music,” said Russ Crupnick, vice president and entertainment industry analyst, The NPD Group.
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?