Mix: iToner, Quicken, Voyager, NPD
Ambrosia Software has released iToner 1.0.4, the latest version of its custom iPhone ringtone software offering support for iPhone software version 1.1.2. According to release notes, iToner 1.0.4 also offers “more robust iPhone OS 1.1.1 support to fix non-playing ringtones, fixed a bug with the playlists being updated when a ringtone was added from iTunes, and other bug fixes and enhancements.”
Intuit has announced plans to launch a version of its Quicken personal finance software for the iPhone that will be marketed as a service and will cost $3 a month. According to Reuters, the software has been designed to “appeal to younger consumers, people who may have used online banking… but do not use software to track those transactions.” Quicken for iPhone is expected to be officially announced January 8.
A review of the iPhone-competitor Verizon Voyager by the Chicago Tribune has found the handheld to be “second-rate” when compared to the iPhone, also calling Verizon’s V Cast music service “clunky” while declaring that the Voyager is a “good phone.”
New research by The NPD Group has found that more Mac users buy music both digitally and on CD than their PC-using counterparts, and also upload more music to their MP3 players, and listen to more music on their computers. “Apple’s growing share in the personal computing environment - and continued success with iPod sales - is a potential harbinger for the continued growth of digital music,” said Russ Crupnick, vice president and entertainment industry analyst, The NPD Group.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014