Mix: iTunes HDTV, NIN Tap, Facebook, iNotes
A number of readers and iLounge editors have noticed a new issue with some iTunes Store HDTV content. It seems that the relationship between SD and HD versions of newer shows on the Store has been severed, creating problems both when syncing content (duplicate episodes are synced to the Apple TV; iPod and iPhone will alert the user that they can’t play back the HD version) and keeping track of play counts (playing either version does not update the other as played). Curiously, shows available immediately following Apple’s September 9th announcement do not exhibit the problem, while newer episodes do. To see a complete discussion of the problem, along with a fairly advanced workaround, see this week’s Ask iLounge column.
Tapulous has announced that it has partnered with the rock band Nine Inch Nails to release a premium version of its popular iPhone and iPod touch game Tap Tap Revenge sometime in October, according to at new report. TechCrunch claims that the app will include a NIN-styled theme, and will feature more than a dozen songs from the band’s two most recent albums. In early August Tapulous announced that Tap Tap Revenge had seen more than one million unique downloads to iPhone and iPod touch users; the original game is currently available as a free download from the App Store.
Popular social network Facebook has released version 2.0 of its client application for iPhone and iPod touch. The new version brings with it a substantial redesign, along with new features including notifications, a full news feed, news feed story comments, people search, friend requests, photo tagging, photo captioning, the ability to post photos to friends’ walls, a full mini-feed, now combined with the wall, a complete inbox, including the sent folder and updates tab, inbox search, and message attachments. Facebook v2.0 is available now as a free download from the App Store.
IBM has announced the launch of its new iNotes ultralite web application software for the iPhone and iPod touch. iNotes allows users to access their Lotus Notes email, calendar, and contacts using the devices’ built-in Safari browser. For added security, iPhone users can also choose to use IBM’s Lotus Mobile Connect virtual private network software in concert with iNotes ultralite.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014