Mix: iTunes HDTV, NIN Tap, Facebook, iNotes
A number of readers and iLounge editors have noticed a new issue with some iTunes Store HDTV content. It seems that the relationship between SD and HD versions of newer shows on the Store has been severed, creating problems both when syncing content (duplicate episodes are synced to the Apple TV; iPod and iPhone will alert the user that they can’t play back the HD version) and keeping track of play counts (playing either version does not update the other as played). Curiously, shows available immediately following Apple’s September 9th announcement do not exhibit the problem, while newer episodes do. To see a complete discussion of the problem, along with a fairly advanced workaround, see this week’s Ask iLounge column.
Tapulous has announced that it has partnered with the rock band Nine Inch Nails to release a premium version of its popular iPhone and iPod touch game Tap Tap Revenge sometime in October, according to at new report. TechCrunch claims that the app will include a NIN-styled theme, and will feature more than a dozen songs from the band’s two most recent albums. In early August Tapulous announced that Tap Tap Revenge had seen more than one million unique downloads to iPhone and iPod touch users; the original game is currently available as a free download from the App Store.
Popular social network Facebook has released version 2.0 of its client application for iPhone and iPod touch. The new version brings with it a substantial redesign, along with new features including notifications, a full news feed, news feed story comments, people search, friend requests, photo tagging, photo captioning, the ability to post photos to friends’ walls, a full mini-feed, now combined with the wall, a complete inbox, including the sent folder and updates tab, inbox search, and message attachments. Facebook v2.0 is available now as a free download from the App Store.
IBM has announced the launch of its new iNotes ultralite web application software for the iPhone and iPod touch. iNotes allows users to access their Lotus Notes email, calendar, and contacts using the devices’ built-in Safari browser. For added security, iPhone users can also choose to use IBM’s Lotus Mobile Connect virtual private network software in concert with iNotes ultralite.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0