Mix: iTunes HDTV, NIN Tap, Facebook, iNotes
A number of readers and iLounge editors have noticed a new issue with some iTunes Store HDTV content. It seems that the relationship between SD and HD versions of newer shows on the Store has been severed, creating problems both when syncing content (duplicate episodes are synced to the Apple TV; iPod and iPhone will alert the user that they can’t play back the HD version) and keeping track of play counts (playing either version does not update the other as played). Curiously, shows available immediately following Apple’s September 9th announcement do not exhibit the problem, while newer episodes do. To see a complete discussion of the problem, along with a fairly advanced workaround, see this week’s Ask iLounge column.
Tapulous has announced that it has partnered with the rock band Nine Inch Nails to release a premium version of its popular iPhone and iPod touch game Tap Tap Revenge sometime in October, according to at new report. TechCrunch claims that the app will include a NIN-styled theme, and will feature more than a dozen songs from the band’s two most recent albums. In early August Tapulous announced that Tap Tap Revenge had seen more than one million unique downloads to iPhone and iPod touch users; the original game is currently available as a free download from the App Store.
Popular social network Facebook has released version 2.0 of its client application for iPhone and iPod touch. The new version brings with it a substantial redesign, along with new features including notifications, a full news feed, news feed story comments, people search, friend requests, photo tagging, photo captioning, the ability to post photos to friends’ walls, a full mini-feed, now combined with the wall, a complete inbox, including the sent folder and updates tab, inbox search, and message attachments. Facebook v2.0 is available now as a free download from the App Store.
IBM has announced the launch of its new iNotes ultralite web application software for the iPhone and iPod touch. iNotes allows users to access their Lotus Notes email, calendar, and contacts using the devices’ built-in Safari browser. For added security, iPhone users can also choose to use IBM’s Lotus Mobile Connect virtual private network software in concert with iNotes ultralite.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address