Mix: iTunes HDTV, NIN Tap, Facebook, iNotes
A number of readers and iLounge editors have noticed a new issue with some iTunes Store HDTV content. It seems that the relationship between SD and HD versions of newer shows on the Store has been severed, creating problems both when syncing content (duplicate episodes are synced to the Apple TV; iPod and iPhone will alert the user that they can’t play back the HD version) and keeping track of play counts (playing either version does not update the other as played). Curiously, shows available immediately following Apple’s September 9th announcement do not exhibit the problem, while newer episodes do. To see a complete discussion of the problem, along with a fairly advanced workaround, see this week’s Ask iLounge column.
Tapulous has announced that it has partnered with the rock band Nine Inch Nails to release a premium version of its popular iPhone and iPod touch game Tap Tap Revenge sometime in October, according to at new report. TechCrunch claims that the app will include a NIN-styled theme, and will feature more than a dozen songs from the band’s two most recent albums. In early August Tapulous announced that Tap Tap Revenge had seen more than one million unique downloads to iPhone and iPod touch users; the original game is currently available as a free download from the App Store.
Popular social network Facebook has released version 2.0 of its client application for iPhone and iPod touch. The new version brings with it a substantial redesign, along with new features including notifications, a full news feed, news feed story comments, people search, friend requests, photo tagging, photo captioning, the ability to post photos to friends’ walls, a full mini-feed, now combined with the wall, a complete inbox, including the sent folder and updates tab, inbox search, and message attachments. Facebook v2.0 is available now as a free download from the App Store.
IBM has announced the launch of its new iNotes ultralite web application software for the iPhone and iPod touch. iNotes allows users to access their Lotus Notes email, calendar, and contacts using the devices’ built-in Safari browser. For added security, iPhone users can also choose to use IBM’s Lotus Mobile Connect virtual private network software in concert with iNotes ultralite.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?