Mix: iTunes phones, TV programming, TiVo-to-iPod, Hollywood
In an interview with Fortune, Apple CEO Steve Jobs said there’s more iTunes-enabled mobile phones to come besides Motorola’s ROKR. “There are more phones yet to roll out,” he said. “Cingular has been great to work with.”
If it becomes popular enough, the video iPod could begin to “raise the value of television programming in the mind of the consumer,” says Steve Hoffenberg, director of electronic media research at Lyra Research. “People pay $30 or $50 a month for unlimited cable television for a couple hundred channels that they can watch 24 hours a day. Now all of a sudden, when one hour of TV is a dollar or two, it changes the value proposition for television.”
Engadget has posted a guide on how to get TV shows off of a Series 2 TiVo and on to the new video-enabled 5G iPod.
BusinessWeek’s Ronald Grover says it’s now the Hollywood studios’ turn to learn that digital downloads are the future. “Wake up, Hollywood. What are you waiting for? Either let Steve Jobs have your movies or—and this is a novel idea for any entertainment mogul—beat him to the punch with your own efficient, cost-effective way for consumers to get flicks off the Web.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards