Mix: iTunes, Salesforce, Billboard, Storage
Published: Tuesday, October 23, 2007
The iTunes Store is now taking pre-orders for “The Complete Led Zeppelin,” a special $100 digital box set containing the band’s entire discography, is now available for pre-order exclusively through iTunes, as is the band’s upcoming “Mothership” retrospective. Both will be available for download beginning November 13.
In addition, the New York Times has reported that Edward Burns’s latest romantic comedy, “Purple Violets,” will go up for sale on Nov. 20 exclusively on iTunes, marking the first time a feature film has made its commercial debut on the service.
During yesterday’s Q4 financial results conference call, Apple COO Tim Cook confirmed that the company was working with salesforce.com on their initiatives to modify software for the iPhone. Salesforce.com offers software that helps businesses manage sales leads and runs an online marketplace for other business software, all available over the internet.
Music chart provider Billboard and iLike have announced the first social media-based music charts, which will reflect which songs are most popular each week among iLike users on Facebook, as well as leveraging iLike’s desktop software to monitor the top songs that users are adding to their personal iTunes and Windows Media collections.
Both Toshiba and Samsung have announced plans for new flash memory chips made using 30nm technology, which would enable flash-based iPods with much higher storage capacities. Meanwhile, the popularity of Apple’s flash-based models is leading some to say that storage is no longer the main selling factor driving iPod sales.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac