Mix: iTunes, Salesforce, Billboard, Storage
The iTunes Store is now taking pre-orders for “The Complete Led Zeppelin,” a special $100 digital box set containing the band’s entire discography, is now available for pre-order exclusively through iTunes, as is the band’s upcoming “Mothership” retrospective. Both will be available for download beginning November 13.
In addition, the New York Times has reported that Edward Burns’s latest romantic comedy, “Purple Violets,” will go up for sale on Nov. 20 exclusively on iTunes, marking the first time a feature film has made its commercial debut on the service.
During yesterday’s Q4 financial results conference call, Apple COO Tim Cook confirmed that the company was working with salesforce.com on their initiatives to modify software for the iPhone. Salesforce.com offers software that helps businesses manage sales leads and runs an online marketplace for other business software, all available over the internet.
Music chart provider Billboard and iLike have announced the first social media-based music charts, which will reflect which songs are most popular each week among iLike users on Facebook, as well as leveraging iLike’s desktop software to monitor the top songs that users are adding to their personal iTunes and Windows Media collections.
Both Toshiba and Samsung have announced plans for new flash memory chips made using 30nm technology, which would enable flash-based iPods with much higher storage capacities. Meanwhile, the popularity of Apple’s flash-based models is leading some to say that storage is no longer the main selling factor driving iPod sales.
- Apple TV App Store now removes installed apps from Top Charts
- Apple to push ‘new’ iPhone cycle from two to three years?
- Apple sued by Caltech over Wi-Fi patents
- Report: Developers losing interest in making watchOS apps
- Source: New AI set to give Siri a massive improvement
- India officially rejects Apple’s bid to sell used iPhones
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Spigen Rugged Armor, Style Armor + Wallet S for iPhone SE
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)