Mix: iTunes, Salesforce, Billboard, Storage
The iTunes Store is now taking pre-orders for “The Complete Led Zeppelin,” a special $100 digital box set containing the band’s entire discography, is now available for pre-order exclusively through iTunes, as is the band’s upcoming “Mothership” retrospective. Both will be available for download beginning November 13.
In addition, the New York Times has reported that Edward Burns’s latest romantic comedy, “Purple Violets,” will go up for sale on Nov. 20 exclusively on iTunes, marking the first time a feature film has made its commercial debut on the service.
During yesterday’s Q4 financial results conference call, Apple COO Tim Cook confirmed that the company was working with salesforce.com on their initiatives to modify software for the iPhone. Salesforce.com offers software that helps businesses manage sales leads and runs an online marketplace for other business software, all available over the internet.
Music chart provider Billboard and iLike have announced the first social media-based music charts, which will reflect which songs are most popular each week among iLike users on Facebook, as well as leveraging iLike’s desktop software to monitor the top songs that users are adding to their personal iTunes and Windows Media collections.
Both Toshiba and Samsung have announced plans for new flash memory chips made using 30nm technology, which would enable flash-based iPods with much higher storage capacities. Meanwhile, the popularity of Apple’s flash-based models is leading some to say that storage is no longer the main selling factor driving iPod sales.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015