Mix: iTunes TV Shows, Jobs, iPhone 3G zoom, iTabi, Kenya
Published: Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Programming from the Smithsonian Channel, DIY Network and WE tv has been added to the iTunes Store. Initial offerings from the Smithsonian Channel include “Stories from the Vaults,” “Remembering Vietnam: The Wall at 25,” “Day of the Kamikaze,” and “Nature Tech,” DIY shows currently available include “Indoors Out,” and “Yard Crashers,” while WE tv’s offerings include “High School Confidential,” and “Bridezillas.” Individual shows from all three networks sell for $1.99 each.
A Mac Rumors reader claims to have received an email response from Apple CEO Steve Jobs regarding the ongoing iPhone 3G reception problems. According to the report, Jobs, who is known to personally respond to customer emails on occasion, said, “We are working on some bugs which affect around 2% of the iPhones shipped, and hope to have a software update soon.” Apple released an update to the iPhone Software yesterday evening, but initial reports indicate that it does not fix the problem.
Brando has released its Mobile Phone Telescope for iPhone 3G, a 6x zoom lens that attaches to the phone via a clear plastic case. The Mobile Phone Telescope also includes a neckstrap, and sells for $20.
Mercury Software has introduced its iTabi case for the iPhone 3G, iPod touch, and iPod classic. Handcrafted in Japan, the pouch-style fabric case offers a front pouch for storing headphones or other small items, nylon interior padding, and two straps — one short and one adjustable shoulder-length strap. Available in a variety of designs, it sells for $20.
Telkom Kenya will begin offering the iPhone in Kenya next month under the Orange brand, according to a new report. The carrier, in which Orange parent France Telecom owns a majority stake, is currently undergoing a transition that will see its mobile offerings marketed under the Orange brand. Njeri Rionge, chief commercial and marketing officer with Telkom Kenya, said sales of the iPhone will begin once the Orange service is rolled out.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Gangstar Vegas, Man of Steel, Photo Cube WiFi 3.59 + Play-Doh Create ABCs
- Alleged iPhone 5S leaks show display, logic board
- Apple TV beta reveals iTunes Radio support
- Apple’s Cue reveals more iBooks launch details
- Apple releases Commitment to Customer Privacy statement
- iOS 7 shown on iPad through emulator
- Photo leak shows Logitech iOS controller
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, June giveaway reminder
- Apple site reveals iOS 7 for iPad, alternate icons
- Apple’s Cue: Jobs needed convincing on iBooks
- PureGear PX260 + PX360 Extreme Protection System for iPhone 5
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Soundfreaq Sound Step Lightning SFQ-02L
- LifeProof Frē for iPad mini
- iBattz Mojo Refuel Removable Battery Case + Mojo Refuel Armor Kit for iPhone 5
- Geneva Lab Geneva Sound System Model S Wireless
- Bracketron Twist & Charge
- CruxCase CruxSkunk Keyboard Case for iPad 2, iPad (3rd/4th-Gen)
- Sol Republic Master Tracks
- Beats Electronics Beats Executive
- iOS 7: Settings, Including Accessibility + Wallpaper
- iOS 7: Weather, Stocks, Calendar + Reminders
- iOS 7: Phone, FaceTime, Messages + Contacts
- iOS 7: iTunes Store, App Store, Calculator + Mail
- iOS 7: Music, Videos, Photos + Camera
- iOS 7: Clock, Game Center, Newsstand + Safari
- iOS 7: Siri + Voice Control
- iOS 7: Activation Lock + Find My iPhone
- iOS 7: Control Center, Notification Center, Spotlight, Multitasking
- iOS 7: Maps, Passbook, Compass + Notes