Mix: iTunes TV Shows, Jobs, iPhone 3G zoom, iTabi, Kenya
Programming from the Smithsonian Channel, DIY Network and WE tv has been added to the iTunes Store. Initial offerings from the Smithsonian Channel include “Stories from the Vaults,” “Remembering Vietnam: The Wall at 25,” “Day of the Kamikaze,” and “Nature Tech,” DIY shows currently available include “Indoors Out,” and “Yard Crashers,” while WE tv’s offerings include “High School Confidential,” and “Bridezillas.” Individual shows from all three networks sell for $1.99 each.
A Mac Rumors reader claims to have received an email response from Apple CEO Steve Jobs regarding the ongoing iPhone 3G reception problems. According to the report, Jobs, who is known to personally respond to customer emails on occasion, said, “We are working on some bugs which affect around 2% of the iPhones shipped, and hope to have a software update soon.” Apple released an update to the iPhone Software yesterday evening, but initial reports indicate that it does not fix the problem.
Brando has released its Mobile Phone Telescope for iPhone 3G, a 6x zoom lens that attaches to the phone via a clear plastic case. The Mobile Phone Telescope also includes a neckstrap, and sells for $20.
Mercury Software has introduced its iTabi case for the iPhone 3G, iPod touch, and iPod classic. Handcrafted in Japan, the pouch-style fabric case offers a front pouch for storing headphones or other small items, nylon interior padding, and two straps — one short and one adjustable shoulder-length strap. Available in a variety of designs, it sells for $20.
Telkom Kenya will begin offering the iPhone in Kenya next month under the Orange brand, according to a new report. The carrier, in which Orange parent France Telecom owns a majority stake, is currently undergoing a transition that will see its mobile offerings marketed under the Orange brand. Njeri Rionge, chief commercial and marketing officer with Telkom Kenya, said sales of the iPhone will begin once the Orange service is rolled out.
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?