Mix: iTunes TV Shows, Jobs, iPhone 3G zoom, iTabi, Kenya
Programming from the Smithsonian Channel, DIY Network and WE tv has been added to the iTunes Store. Initial offerings from the Smithsonian Channel include “Stories from the Vaults,” “Remembering Vietnam: The Wall at 25,” “Day of the Kamikaze,” and “Nature Tech,” DIY shows currently available include “Indoors Out,” and “Yard Crashers,” while WE tv’s offerings include “High School Confidential,” and “Bridezillas.” Individual shows from all three networks sell for $1.99 each.
A Mac Rumors reader claims to have received an email response from Apple CEO Steve Jobs regarding the ongoing iPhone 3G reception problems. According to the report, Jobs, who is known to personally respond to customer emails on occasion, said, “We are working on some bugs which affect around 2% of the iPhones shipped, and hope to have a software update soon.” Apple released an update to the iPhone Software yesterday evening, but initial reports indicate that it does not fix the problem.
Brando has released its Mobile Phone Telescope for iPhone 3G, a 6x zoom lens that attaches to the phone via a clear plastic case. The Mobile Phone Telescope also includes a neckstrap, and sells for $20.
Mercury Software has introduced its iTabi case for the iPhone 3G, iPod touch, and iPod classic. Handcrafted in Japan, the pouch-style fabric case offers a front pouch for storing headphones or other small items, nylon interior padding, and two straps — one short and one adjustable shoulder-length strap. Available in a variety of designs, it sells for $20.
Telkom Kenya will begin offering the iPhone in Kenya next month under the Orange brand, according to a new report. The carrier, in which Orange parent France Telecom owns a majority stake, is currently undergoing a transition that will see its mobile offerings marketed under the Orange brand. Njeri Rionge, chief commercial and marketing officer with Telkom Kenya, said sales of the iPhone will begin once the Orange service is rolled out.
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?