Mix: iTunes TV Shows, Jobs, iPhone 3G zoom, iTabi, Kenya
Programming from the Smithsonian Channel, DIY Network and WE tv has been added to the iTunes Store. Initial offerings from the Smithsonian Channel include “Stories from the Vaults,” “Remembering Vietnam: The Wall at 25,” “Day of the Kamikaze,” and “Nature Tech,” DIY shows currently available include “Indoors Out,” and “Yard Crashers,” while WE tv’s offerings include “High School Confidential,” and “Bridezillas.” Individual shows from all three networks sell for $1.99 each.
A Mac Rumors reader claims to have received an email response from Apple CEO Steve Jobs regarding the ongoing iPhone 3G reception problems. According to the report, Jobs, who is known to personally respond to customer emails on occasion, said, “We are working on some bugs which affect around 2% of the iPhones shipped, and hope to have a software update soon.” Apple released an update to the iPhone Software yesterday evening, but initial reports indicate that it does not fix the problem.
Brando has released its Mobile Phone Telescope for iPhone 3G, a 6x zoom lens that attaches to the phone via a clear plastic case. The Mobile Phone Telescope also includes a neckstrap, and sells for $20.
Mercury Software has introduced its iTabi case for the iPhone 3G, iPod touch, and iPod classic. Handcrafted in Japan, the pouch-style fabric case offers a front pouch for storing headphones or other small items, nylon interior padding, and two straps — one short and one adjustable shoulder-length strap. Available in a variety of designs, it sells for $20.
Telkom Kenya will begin offering the iPhone in Kenya next month under the Orange brand, according to a new report. The carrier, in which Orange parent France Telecom owns a majority stake, is currently undergoing a transition that will see its mobile offerings marketed under the Orange brand. Njeri Rionge, chief commercial and marketing officer with Telkom Kenya, said sales of the iPhone will begin once the Orange service is rolled out.
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!