Mix: iTunes UK, Nokia, iFuntastic, iCar
Some iTunes Store users in the UK are angry over the pricing of recently-added TV episodes, which sell for £1.89 each. Other UK video download services sell TV episodes for 99-pence each, roughly half the price of iTunes. Jupiter Research analyst Mark Mulligan said, “I wouldn’t be surprised if they (Apple) had to change their prices soon: we’re in a situation where everything is always more expensive in Britain.”
A video showing a Symbian OS-based, iPhone-like touch screen interface from Nokia has been posted to YouTube. When asked about the similarity to the iPhone, Anssi Vanjoki, Nokia’s Executive VP & General Manager of Multimedia, said, “If there is something good in the world then we copy with pride.”
A Volkswagen spokesman has confirmed a meeting between Apple CEO Steve Jobs and VW chief Martin Winterkorn to discuss the possibility of placing Apple products into a new automobile, which some have labeled the “iCar.” Hans-Gerd Bode, the spokesman for VW, claims there are “scores of ideas,” but few concrete plans at this point.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards