Mix: iTunes UK, Nokia, iFuntastic, iCar
Some iTunes Store users in the UK are angry over the pricing of recently-added TV episodes, which sell for £1.89 each. Other UK video download services sell TV episodes for 99-pence each, roughly half the price of iTunes. Jupiter Research analyst Mark Mulligan said, “I wouldn’t be surprised if they (Apple) had to change their prices soon: we’re in a situation where everything is always more expensive in Britain.”
A video showing a Symbian OS-based, iPhone-like touch screen interface from Nokia has been posted to YouTube. When asked about the similarity to the iPhone, Anssi Vanjoki, Nokia’s Executive VP & General Manager of Multimedia, said, “If there is something good in the world then we copy with pride.”
A Volkswagen spokesman has confirmed a meeting between Apple CEO Steve Jobs and VW chief Martin Winterkorn to discuss the possibility of placing Apple products into a new automobile, which some have labeled the “iCar.” Hans-Gerd Bode, the spokesman for VW, claims there are “scores of ideas,” but few concrete plans at this point.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?