Mix: iTunes video, Microsoft, Podcasting, NYPD, Tic Tacs
As part of its forthcoming subscription music service, Microsoft is rumored to be “considering a more direct attack on Apple, seeking rights from copyright holders to give subscribers a new, Microsoft-formatted version of any song they’ve purchased from the iTunes store so those songs can be played on devices other than an iPod.”
Citing stats from FeedBurner, Marketwatch reports that podcasting is “growing at neck-breaking speed.” The company says it “now manages approximately 60,000 feeds, just over 6,000 of which are podcasts (up from 500 in November).”
Because of widespread iPod theft, the New York City Police Department is reportedly stationing officers at subway stops to handout pamphlets on transit safety. The pamphlet reads: “Watch Your iPod… Let’s Stop iPod Theft” and warns that you should keep your iPod out of sight and to switch to a different kind of earphones.
Yet another makeshift iPod shuffle case: The Tic Tac case. “But what I like best are the white Tic Tacs mixed in with the shuffle,” says Wired’s Leander Kahney. “Reminds me of a fish tank!”
- Apple TV adds NatGeo TV channel
- Insteon’s HomeKit-enabled Hub now available
- Apple’s subscription TV service won’t be announced at WWDC next week
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- RooCase Esteem for iPhone 6
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?