Mix: iTunes video, Microsoft, Podcasting, NYPD, Tic Tacs
As part of its forthcoming subscription music service, Microsoft is rumored to be “considering a more direct attack on Apple, seeking rights from copyright holders to give subscribers a new, Microsoft-formatted version of any song they’ve purchased from the iTunes store so those songs can be played on devices other than an iPod.”
Citing stats from FeedBurner, Marketwatch reports that podcasting is “growing at neck-breaking speed.” The company says it “now manages approximately 60,000 feeds, just over 6,000 of which are podcasts (up from 500 in November).”
Because of widespread iPod theft, the New York City Police Department is reportedly stationing officers at subway stops to handout pamphlets on transit safety. The pamphlet reads: “Watch Your iPod… Let’s Stop iPod Theft” and warns that you should keep your iPod out of sight and to switch to a different kind of earphones.
Yet another makeshift iPod shuffle case: The Tic Tac case. “But what I like best are the white Tic Tacs mixed in with the shuffle,” says Wired’s Leander Kahney. “Reminds me of a fish tank!”
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?