Mix: iTunes visitors, Yahoo, Hearing problems, United Airlines
Macworld UK reports on new comScore Media Metrix figures: “In all, 5.4 million people visited iTunes in July, up 13% from June 2005. The growth of iTunes also helped push the Retail Music category up 7% to 30.1 million visitors”
Following “beta testing” since May, Yahoo’s music subscription service will reportedly stay at the price of $5 a month when it’s formally launched this week. Yahoo is also planning a large ad campaign for the service.
Researchers at Sydney’s National Acoustic Laboratories have found that up to a quarter of users of iPods and other music devices will suffer hearing problems because they’re listening at “excessive and damaging” levels.
United Airlines in Canada has launched a giveaway that provides the opportunity to win one of three iPod minis, one 20GB iPod or the grand prize of 50,000 Saver Award miles.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?