Mix: iTunesLP.net, FM app, SmartStart, KoalaKase
A new website has sprung up called iTunesLP.net, offering tutorials on how to create iTunes LP files for albums that Apple doesn’t offer in the new format, as well as an area offering downloadable iTunes LP files—at the moment, only the Leopold Stokowski with the Philadelphia Orchestra soundtrack to Fantasia is available. On the About page, the team behind the site explains, “At this moment these iTunes LPs are available for a select list of new releases on the iTunes store. However we think it would be nice to have many older, out-of-print, obscure albums or albums on indie-labels to get the same experience; and with that in mind we started working on finding out exactly how this new format works, in order to share our results with the community.” [via TheDigitalLifestyle.tv]
Apple may be working on a radio application for the iPhone and iPod touch, according to a new 9to5Mac report. Citing an anonymous source, the piece states that the app would be similar in functionality to the FM radio on the fifth-generation iPod nano, offering iTunes Tagging with a direct link to the on-device iTunes Store and a live pause feature. Although it has never been directly mentioned by Apple, the Broadcom chips in the second-generation iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, and third-generation iPod touch all offer the ability to receive FM signals; the latter also features FM transmission capabilities.
Directed Electronics has introduced Viper SmartStart, a new combination remote starting system and application for the iPhone and iPod touch that allows users to remotely start their vehicles directly from the device. Requiring a $499 Viper SmartStarm System or a $299 Viper SmartStart Module add-on for an existing, compatible Viper system, the application will also allow users to lock and unlock the doors, pop the trunk, find their cars in parking lots, and arm their security system, depending on the installation. Viper’s SmartStart systems are available in Best Buy stores now; the application is also available now as a free download from the App Store.
KoalaKase has introduced its new KoalaKase for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Made from soft leather, the KoalaKase offers a rear external pouch for carrying business/credit cards and/or cash, velvet/nylon lining to reduce scratches, and open access to all ports, controls, and the camera. In addition, $1 of every Kase purchase goes to charity. Available in pink, brown, white, or black, the KoalaKase for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS sells for $30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks