Mix: iTunesLP.net, FM app, SmartStart, KoalaKase
A new website has sprung up called iTunesLP.net, offering tutorials on how to create iTunes LP files for albums that Apple doesn’t offer in the new format, as well as an area offering downloadable iTunes LP files—at the moment, only the Leopold Stokowski with the Philadelphia Orchestra soundtrack to Fantasia is available. On the About page, the team behind the site explains, “At this moment these iTunes LPs are available for a select list of new releases on the iTunes store. However we think it would be nice to have many older, out-of-print, obscure albums or albums on indie-labels to get the same experience; and with that in mind we started working on finding out exactly how this new format works, in order to share our results with the community.” [via TheDigitalLifestyle.tv]
Apple may be working on a radio application for the iPhone and iPod touch, according to a new 9to5Mac report. Citing an anonymous source, the piece states that the app would be similar in functionality to the FM radio on the fifth-generation iPod nano, offering iTunes Tagging with a direct link to the on-device iTunes Store and a live pause feature. Although it has never been directly mentioned by Apple, the Broadcom chips in the second-generation iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, and third-generation iPod touch all offer the ability to receive FM signals; the latter also features FM transmission capabilities.
Directed Electronics has introduced Viper SmartStart, a new combination remote starting system and application for the iPhone and iPod touch that allows users to remotely start their vehicles directly from the device. Requiring a $499 Viper SmartStarm System or a $299 Viper SmartStart Module add-on for an existing, compatible Viper system, the application will also allow users to lock and unlock the doors, pop the trunk, find their cars in parking lots, and arm their security system, depending on the installation. Viper’s SmartStart systems are available in Best Buy stores now; the application is also available now as a free download from the App Store.
KoalaKase has introduced its new KoalaKase for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Made from soft leather, the KoalaKase offers a rear external pouch for carrying business/credit cards and/or cash, velvet/nylon lining to reduce scratches, and open access to all ports, controls, and the camera. In addition, $1 of every Kase purchase goes to charity. Available in pink, brown, white, or black, the KoalaKase for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS sells for $30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apps of the Week: The Longest Journey Remastered, Facebook Groups, Dropbox 3.5.2 + Runkeeper 5.1
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0