Mix: iTunesLP.net, FM app, SmartStart, KoalaKase
A new website has sprung up called iTunesLP.net, offering tutorials on how to create iTunes LP files for albums that Apple doesn’t offer in the new format, as well as an area offering downloadable iTunes LP files—at the moment, only the Leopold Stokowski with the Philadelphia Orchestra soundtrack to Fantasia is available. On the About page, the team behind the site explains, “At this moment these iTunes LPs are available for a select list of new releases on the iTunes store. However we think it would be nice to have many older, out-of-print, obscure albums or albums on indie-labels to get the same experience; and with that in mind we started working on finding out exactly how this new format works, in order to share our results with the community.” [via TheDigitalLifestyle.tv]
Apple may be working on a radio application for the iPhone and iPod touch, according to a new 9to5Mac report. Citing an anonymous source, the piece states that the app would be similar in functionality to the FM radio on the fifth-generation iPod nano, offering iTunes Tagging with a direct link to the on-device iTunes Store and a live pause feature. Although it has never been directly mentioned by Apple, the Broadcom chips in the second-generation iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, and third-generation iPod touch all offer the ability to receive FM signals; the latter also features FM transmission capabilities.
Directed Electronics has introduced Viper SmartStart, a new combination remote starting system and application for the iPhone and iPod touch that allows users to remotely start their vehicles directly from the device. Requiring a $499 Viper SmartStarm System or a $299 Viper SmartStart Module add-on for an existing, compatible Viper system, the application will also allow users to lock and unlock the doors, pop the trunk, find their cars in parking lots, and arm their security system, depending on the installation. Viper’s SmartStart systems are available in Best Buy stores now; the application is also available now as a free download from the App Store.
KoalaKase has introduced its new KoalaKase for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Made from soft leather, the KoalaKase offers a rear external pouch for carrying business/credit cards and/or cash, velvet/nylon lining to reduce scratches, and open access to all ports, controls, and the camera. In addition, $1 of every Kase purchase goes to charity. Available in pink, brown, white, or black, the KoalaKase for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS sells for $30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T locks Apple SIM cards upon activation in iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iTunes music sales down at least 13 percent worldwide
- iPad Air 2 includes NFC chip, but likely won’t be used (Updated)
- Apps of the Week: Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator, NHL 2K + more
- iPad mini 3 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iPad Air 2 Control Center features separate mute and rotation buttons
- GT Advanced announces settlement with Apple
- iPad Air 2 ships with 10W power adapter
- Olloclip debuts 4-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- iFixit posts iPad Air 2 teardown
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0