Mix: Ive on iPhone 4, HD uploads, Case Closed, XO Skins
Core 77 has posted a lengthy interview with Apple’s Senior Vice President of Design Jonathan Ive, focused on the design of the iPhone 4. “A big part of the experience of a physical object has to do with the materials,” Ive said, discussing the design process behind Apple’s latest handset. “Whatever people’s feelings are about the actual design of the product is of course subjective. But objectively I can say that the manufacturing tolerances are phenomenal. And we determined this, we designed it from the very beginning to meet those goals.” Much more in the full interview.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs recently responded to a customer email promising HD video uploads from the iPhone 4 at some point down the road. MacDailyNews reports that a reader wrote Jobs, asking, “What’s the point of building in HD video capabilities when the compression upon uploading directly to youtube makes the video’s [sic] useless and not viewable?” Jobs reportedly responded, “You can upload them via a Mac or PC today. Over the air in the future,” referencing the fact that users currently have to sync HD videos over to their computer in order to perform full-resolution uploads.
Case Closed has introduced its new Wool Felt case (pictured) for the iPhone 4. Available in both horizontally- and vertically-opening varieties, these sleeve-like cases are made from 3mm-thick wool and feature colored ultrasuede tabs with Velcro closures to hold the device securely in the case. Case Closed’s Wool Felt cases for the iPhone 4 are available now and sell for £21, or roughly $31.
XO Skins is now offering its new Skin Protectors for the iPhone 4. These film-style protectors come with a bottle of application spray and an applicator/squeegee, and an instruction card, and are available in full-body or screen-only packages for $20 and $12, respectively.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014