Mix: Ive on iPhone 4, HD uploads, Case Closed, XO Skins
Core 77 has posted a lengthy interview with Apple’s Senior Vice President of Design Jonathan Ive, focused on the design of the iPhone 4. “A big part of the experience of a physical object has to do with the materials,” Ive said, discussing the design process behind Apple’s latest handset. “Whatever people’s feelings are about the actual design of the product is of course subjective. But objectively I can say that the manufacturing tolerances are phenomenal. And we determined this, we designed it from the very beginning to meet those goals.” Much more in the full interview.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs recently responded to a customer email promising HD video uploads from the iPhone 4 at some point down the road. MacDailyNews reports that a reader wrote Jobs, asking, “What’s the point of building in HD video capabilities when the compression upon uploading directly to youtube makes the video’s [sic] useless and not viewable?” Jobs reportedly responded, “You can upload them via a Mac or PC today. Over the air in the future,” referencing the fact that users currently have to sync HD videos over to their computer in order to perform full-resolution uploads.
Case Closed has introduced its new Wool Felt case (pictured) for the iPhone 4. Available in both horizontally- and vertically-opening varieties, these sleeve-like cases are made from 3mm-thick wool and feature colored ultrasuede tabs with Velcro closures to hold the device securely in the case. Case Closed’s Wool Felt cases for the iPhone 4 are available now and sell for £21, or roughly $31.
XO Skins is now offering its new Skin Protectors for the iPhone 4. These film-style protectors come with a bottle of application spray and an applicator/squeegee, and an instruction card, and are available in full-body or screen-only packages for $20 and $12, respectively.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?