Mix: Ive on iPhone 4, HD uploads, Case Closed, XO Skins
Core 77 has posted a lengthy interview with Apple’s Senior Vice President of Design Jonathan Ive, focused on the design of the iPhone 4. “A big part of the experience of a physical object has to do with the materials,” Ive said, discussing the design process behind Apple’s latest handset. “Whatever people’s feelings are about the actual design of the product is of course subjective. But objectively I can say that the manufacturing tolerances are phenomenal. And we determined this, we designed it from the very beginning to meet those goals.” Much more in the full interview.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs recently responded to a customer email promising HD video uploads from the iPhone 4 at some point down the road. MacDailyNews reports that a reader wrote Jobs, asking, “What’s the point of building in HD video capabilities when the compression upon uploading directly to youtube makes the video’s [sic] useless and not viewable?” Jobs reportedly responded, “You can upload them via a Mac or PC today. Over the air in the future,” referencing the fact that users currently have to sync HD videos over to their computer in order to perform full-resolution uploads.
Case Closed has introduced its new Wool Felt case (pictured) for the iPhone 4. Available in both horizontally- and vertically-opening varieties, these sleeve-like cases are made from 3mm-thick wool and feature colored ultrasuede tabs with Velcro closures to hold the device securely in the case. Case Closed’s Wool Felt cases for the iPhone 4 are available now and sell for £21, or roughly $31.
XO Skins is now offering its new Skin Protectors for the iPhone 4. These film-style protectors come with a bottle of application spray and an applicator/squeegee, and an instruction card, and are available in full-body or screen-only packages for $20 and $12, respectively.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Pay Bank of America customers experiencing double-charges
- iPad Air 2 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- Apple’s new Maps Connect lets businesses manage listings, request iBeacon indoor mapping
- Apple reportedly begins in-store sales of iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Cook discussing security with top Chinese official
- GT and Apple to part ways ‘amicably’
- Apple Pay can be used internationally with U.S.-based cards
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0