Mix: Jetix shows, EyeTV 250, Podcasts, Cheap player | iLounge News

Mix: Jetix shows, EyeTV 250, Podcasts, Cheap player

The iTunes Music Store is now selling Jetix children’s shows including Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!, and Power Rangers: Mystic Force.

Elgato has introduced the EyeTV 250, an ultra-compact TV receiver/recorder for analog TV. The $200 device, which works only with Macs, records in MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 formats, and recorded programs can be exported to the iPod.

According to a report from Forrester Research, only 1% of U.S. online consumers say they listen to podcasts regularly. “Using podcasts remains complicated and content remains sparse,” the Forrester report said.

Evergreen, a Japanese company that makes low-cost electronics, has announced the $8.50 DN-2000 MP3 player, which runs for 5-hours on a single AAA battery and supports 1GB SD cards.

« 4Flix.Net offers subscription plan for DRM-free videos

Analyst expects iPod sales to beat street estimates »

Comments

‘Evergreen’ produces more cheap and crappy MP3 player LOL… The ironic part is the name of the company… Disposable is anything but ‘green’ for the planet

Posted by floridante2k on April 7, 2006 at 10:04 AM (CDT)

Podcast is great!
And MacTV made it so!

Posted by hoho on April 7, 2006 at 10:09 AM (CDT)

...they neglected the point that the bulk of the podcast content that *IS* out there - sucks!

Posted by Two Wheeler on April 7, 2006 at 11:38 AM (CDT)

The ironic part is the name of the company… Disposable is anything but ‘green’ for the planet…

I assume you’re referring to the AAA battery that this thing uses; if tossing batteries is your concern, there’s always a Ni-MH alternative.

I dunno…8 bucks plus change sounds like a fantastic strategy to me, as long as the thing actually works, that is. This with a 1GB SD card offers fair savings over competitive units of comparable capacity. If nothing else, this should tell people how really dirt cheap some of these parts are that go into DAPs.

Posted by flatline response on April 7, 2006 at 3:52 PM (CDT)

I gotta admit I almost past up the first story until I saw that the Original powerangers where downloadable. YES! I gotta admit about the only show I really really wanna buy all the episodes for.

Posted by Teflon Don Da Da on April 7, 2006 at 11:22 PM (CDT)

About the Evergreen:

Well priced is all I have to say.
I needed a memory stick a couple of months back, and was looking for something to read my camera card (‘cause gigabyte memory sticks are a bit expensive). Eventually I found something on eBay with 128mb internal memory, MP3 player, voice recorder, FM tuner (which is crap), and a built-in USB port, with an SD card slot. So now I can put photos back onto my camera, and I have a 1GB memory stick.
But my wonder-device cost a whole 40 euros, so for the lowest price seekers, this device looks promising.
Peter B.

Posted by Peter Burkimsher on April 9, 2006 at 1:49 AM (CDT)

Go Go Power Rangers, You Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!

Posted by Jack Bauer on April 9, 2006 at 11:49 AM (CDT)

Ho ho hokay!! How much does a 1GB card cost?? AT LEAST $100 - and AAA batteries? And how long does this thing last?

I say the whole deal is going to eventually go over $150 after a month or so - get an iPod shuffle!!!

Please correct me if I’m wrong but to buy a shuffle means that you have Apple’s guarantee - your battery problems are solved - the thing is tiny - it has good mileage - it looks sweet - it has decent memory - it’s not bad for the Earth like comment 1 suggested - AND it’s reasonably priced. If you ask me, this cheap-o product is crap compared to an iPod.

=D Thank you.

Posted by March Hare on April 9, 2006 at 3:57 PM (CDT)