Mix: Jobs’ health, Chipotle, Nike Training app
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is suffering not from a reoccurrence of cancer but from a condition that is preventing his body from absorbing food, according to a New York Times report. Citing two people familiar with Jobs’ current medical treatment, the report states that doctors have also advised him to cut down on stress, which may be making the condition worse. Yesterday afternoon, Apple posted an email from Jobs in which he announced his intentions to take a six-month leave of absence from the company; this announcement came only a week after a similar open letter from Jobs blaming his weight loss on a “hormonal imbalance.”
Following the release and then prompt recall of Chipotle’s Mobile Ordering application for iPhone and iPod touch, Sequence, the company that built the app for the burrito chain, has explained its disappearance. According to TechCrunch, the app was pulled after a few hours because of unexpected demand that was overloading the company’s servers. Users were experiencing connection difficulties with enough frequency that the team decided it would rather pull the application until it could offer a more enjoyable and reliable experience. Sequence is hoping to have it back on the App Store in two weeks, along with some minor interface improvements.
Nike has released its Nike Training Club application for iPhone and the second-generation iPod touch. The new application provides a link to nikewomen.com, with the ability to customize workouts and invite friends for competition. It also provides access to dynamic training videos focusing on cardio, core, strength, balance, and flexibility, along with training schedules. Nike Training Club is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Apple Maps van spotted in greater NYC metro area
- Apple announces annual Back to School promotion, excludes iOS devices
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?