Mix: Jobs’ health, Chipotle, Nike Training app
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is suffering not from a reoccurrence of cancer but from a condition that is preventing his body from absorbing food, according to a New York Times report. Citing two people familiar with Jobs’ current medical treatment, the report states that doctors have also advised him to cut down on stress, which may be making the condition worse. Yesterday afternoon, Apple posted an email from Jobs in which he announced his intentions to take a six-month leave of absence from the company; this announcement came only a week after a similar open letter from Jobs blaming his weight loss on a “hormonal imbalance.”
Following the release and then prompt recall of Chipotle’s Mobile Ordering application for iPhone and iPod touch, Sequence, the company that built the app for the burrito chain, has explained its disappearance. According to TechCrunch, the app was pulled after a few hours because of unexpected demand that was overloading the company’s servers. Users were experiencing connection difficulties with enough frequency that the team decided it would rather pull the application until it could offer a more enjoyable and reliable experience. Sequence is hoping to have it back on the App Store in two weeks, along with some minor interface improvements.
Nike has released its Nike Training Club application for iPhone and the second-generation iPod touch. The new application provides a link to nikewomen.com, with the ability to customize workouts and invite friends for competition. It also provides access to dynamic training videos focusing on cardio, core, strength, balance, and flexibility, along with training schedules. Nike Training Club is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Apple eyed Bill Simmons for exclusive podcast deal
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?