Mix: Jobs’ health, Chipotle, Nike Training app
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is suffering not from a reoccurrence of cancer but from a condition that is preventing his body from absorbing food, according to a New York Times report. Citing two people familiar with Jobs’ current medical treatment, the report states that doctors have also advised him to cut down on stress, which may be making the condition worse. Yesterday afternoon, Apple posted an email from Jobs in which he announced his intentions to take a six-month leave of absence from the company; this announcement came only a week after a similar open letter from Jobs blaming his weight loss on a “hormonal imbalance.”
Following the release and then prompt recall of Chipotle’s Mobile Ordering application for iPhone and iPod touch, Sequence, the company that built the app for the burrito chain, has explained its disappearance. According to TechCrunch, the app was pulled after a few hours because of unexpected demand that was overloading the company’s servers. Users were experiencing connection difficulties with enough frequency that the team decided it would rather pull the application until it could offer a more enjoyable and reliable experience. Sequence is hoping to have it back on the App Store in two weeks, along with some minor interface improvements.
Nike has released its Nike Training Club application for iPhone and the second-generation iPod touch. The new application provides a link to nikewomen.com, with the ability to customize workouts and invite friends for competition. It also provides access to dynamic training videos focusing on cardio, core, strength, balance, and flexibility, along with training schedules. Nike Training Club is available now as a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today