Mix: Jobs’ health, Chipotle, Nike Training app
Apple CEO Steve Jobs is suffering not from a reoccurrence of cancer but from a condition that is preventing his body from absorbing food, according to a New York Times report. Citing two people familiar with Jobs’ current medical treatment, the report states that doctors have also advised him to cut down on stress, which may be making the condition worse. Yesterday afternoon, Apple posted an email from Jobs in which he announced his intentions to take a six-month leave of absence from the company; this announcement came only a week after a similar open letter from Jobs blaming his weight loss on a “hormonal imbalance.”
Following the release and then prompt recall of Chipotle’s Mobile Ordering application for iPhone and iPod touch, Sequence, the company that built the app for the burrito chain, has explained its disappearance. According to TechCrunch, the app was pulled after a few hours because of unexpected demand that was overloading the company’s servers. Users were experiencing connection difficulties with enough frequency that the team decided it would rather pull the application until it could offer a more enjoyable and reliable experience. Sequence is hoping to have it back on the App Store in two weeks, along with some minor interface improvements.
Nike has released its Nike Training Club application for iPhone and the second-generation iPod touch. The new application provides a link to nikewomen.com, with the ability to customize workouts and invite friends for competition. It also provides access to dynamic training videos focusing on cardio, core, strength, balance, and flexibility, along with training schedules. Nike Training Club is available now as a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0