Mix: Jobs profile, App Store PR, SoftBank cases, TomTom
Apple made an effort to stop a profile of CEO Steve Jobs from running in the U.K.‘s Sunday Times. The profile itself states that an Apple PR representative told the author the company “want[s] to discourage profiles,” and that it later contacted the publication’s editor in an attempt to stop the profile from running. At four-pages in length, the profile is a broad look at the Apple co-founder’s history with the company, his personal background, and his personality, as told through a series of quotes from Apple-focused journalists and former colleagues.
Apple has made a change in its Public Relations department, giving the App Store a dedicated PR team, according to a new report. TechCrunch reports that it has received its first email from “App Store Public Relations,” indicating a new branch of Apple’s PR team; past emails received by the site have come from more broad iPhone or Apple PR teams. The report states that the company recently split its iPhone PR team in two, with one group to focus on the hardware and the other to take on public relations for the App Store.
Japanese iPhone carrier SoftBank has begun offering its exclusive line of hand-crafted Japan Texture cases for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. These lacquer cases feature intricate artwork representing various events and figures from Japanese history, with gold dust details. Each of the five cases comes with its own specifically-designed carry bag, as well. SoftBank’s Japan Texture cases are available now and sell for 99,800 yen, or roughly $1,058 each.
TomTom has confirmed that its upcoming iPhone GPS cradle will support the iPod touch. In an interview with French-language site Mac4Ever (Translated Link), TomTom PR representative Yann Lafargue said that the cradle would work with the iPod touch, allowing the device to utilize the cradle’s built-in GPS receiver as its own, and will even allow the touch to work with GPS software from competing companies. Unfortunately Lafargue was unable to provide further details on the cradle’s release date or pricing.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0