Mix: Jobs profile, App Store PR, SoftBank cases, TomTom
Apple made an effort to stop a profile of CEO Steve Jobs from running in the U.K.‘s Sunday Times. The profile itself states that an Apple PR representative told the author the company “want[s] to discourage profiles,” and that it later contacted the publication’s editor in an attempt to stop the profile from running. At four-pages in length, the profile is a broad look at the Apple co-founder’s history with the company, his personal background, and his personality, as told through a series of quotes from Apple-focused journalists and former colleagues.
Apple has made a change in its Public Relations department, giving the App Store a dedicated PR team, according to a new report. TechCrunch reports that it has received its first email from “App Store Public Relations,” indicating a new branch of Apple’s PR team; past emails received by the site have come from more broad iPhone or Apple PR teams. The report states that the company recently split its iPhone PR team in two, with one group to focus on the hardware and the other to take on public relations for the App Store.
Japanese iPhone carrier SoftBank has begun offering its exclusive line of hand-crafted Japan Texture cases for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. These lacquer cases feature intricate artwork representing various events and figures from Japanese history, with gold dust details. Each of the five cases comes with its own specifically-designed carry bag, as well. SoftBank’s Japan Texture cases are available now and sell for 99,800 yen, or roughly $1,058 each.
TomTom has confirmed that its upcoming iPhone GPS cradle will support the iPod touch. In an interview with French-language site Mac4Ever (Translated Link), TomTom PR representative Yann Lafargue said that the cradle would work with the iPod touch, allowing the device to utilize the cradle’s built-in GPS receiver as its own, and will even allow the touch to work with GPS software from competing companies. Unfortunately Lafargue was unable to provide further details on the cradle’s release date or pricing.
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?