Mix: Jobsnote, Creative Xmod, Q4 Results, Japanapster
Published: Tuesday, October 3, 2006
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has been confirmed as the keynote speaker at the 2007 Macworld Conference & Expo in San Francisco, California. As always, the keynote is scheduled for the morning before the show floor opens to the public, on January 9, 2007.
Creative Labs has announced Xmod, its first audio accessory to be touted via press release as iPod-compatible. Xmod claims to enhance compressed digital music to higher-than-CD-quality audio with “virtual surround sound,” but is primarily geared towards PC and Mac users; it requires a power adapter to be connected when used with portable devices such as the iPod.
Fourth-quarter and full fiscal year 2006 financial results will be released by Apple Computer on October 18, 2006, according to a report by Macworld U.K. Based on trends in iPod and Macintosh sales, the results are expected to be highly favorable.
Backed by Tower Records Japan, Napster today announced Napster Japan, a Japan-only version of its struggling music download service. Napster Japan will offer subscription-based access to a 1.5-million song catalog for the equivalent of slightly under $17 per month. The company is targeting 1 million subscribers by the end of March, 2007.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number