Mix: Joost, Linux, FormSpring Pro, Wallet
Published: Monday, December 1, 2008
Streaming video service Joost has released its new official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application streams video directly to the devices over Wi-Fi, and offers users the ability to browse by category, see “Most Popular” and “Our Picks” listings, and search for specific videos. Similar to joost.com, the Joost application is ad-supported, and is now available as a free download from the App Store.
The iPhone Dev Team, known for its efforts towards iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking, has announced that one of its members, planetbeing, has reverse engineered Apple’s hardware drivers, and has released a bare-bones version of Linux that runs on the iPhone and first-generation iPod touch. The release lacks support for the NAND memory, wireless networking, touchscreen, sound, and more, and is more of a proof-of-concept release than a viable alternative to the iPhone OS.
Online form service FormSpring has announced the release of its FormSpring Pro app for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new application allows users to view and collect data, search data, build complex searches and save them for repeated use, upload images from the iPhone’s camera, upload audio using a microphone, and tag form submissions with GPS coordinates. FormSpring Pro requires a FormSpring API key and is available now from the App Store for $10.
Acrylic Software has announced the release of its Wallet application for iPhone and iPod touch. Wallet is a database application for storing and organizing personal information such as serial numbers, web passwords, credit card numbers, and more. Features include 256-bit AES encryption, the ability to create, edit, and remove both groups and entries, searching, and wireless syncing with the Mac OS X version either using MobileMe or via local Wi-Fi. Wallet for iPhone and iPod touch is available now from the App Store and sells for $4.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac