Mix: Joost, Linux, FormSpring Pro, Wallet
Streaming video service Joost has released its new official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application streams video directly to the devices over Wi-Fi, and offers users the ability to browse by category, see “Most Popular” and “Our Picks” listings, and search for specific videos. Similar to joost.com, the Joost application is ad-supported, and is now available as a free download from the App Store.
The iPhone Dev Team, known for its efforts towards iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking, has announced that one of its members, planetbeing, has reverse engineered Apple’s hardware drivers, and has released a bare-bones version of Linux that runs on the iPhone and first-generation iPod touch. The release lacks support for the NAND memory, wireless networking, touchscreen, sound, and more, and is more of a proof-of-concept release than a viable alternative to the iPhone OS.
Online form service FormSpring has announced the release of its FormSpring Pro app for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new application allows users to view and collect data, search data, build complex searches and save them for repeated use, upload images from the iPhone’s camera, upload audio using a microphone, and tag form submissions with GPS coordinates. FormSpring Pro requires a FormSpring API key and is available now from the App Store for $10.
Acrylic Software has announced the release of its Wallet application for iPhone and iPod touch. Wallet is a database application for storing and organizing personal information such as serial numbers, web passwords, credit card numbers, and more. Features include 256-bit AES encryption, the ability to create, edit, and remove both groups and entries, searching, and wireless syncing with the Mac OS X version either using MobileMe or via local Wi-Fi. Wallet for iPhone and iPod touch is available now from the App Store and sells for $4.
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!