Mix: Joost, Linux, FormSpring Pro, Wallet
Streaming video service Joost has released its new official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application streams video directly to the devices over Wi-Fi, and offers users the ability to browse by category, see “Most Popular” and “Our Picks” listings, and search for specific videos. Similar to joost.com, the Joost application is ad-supported, and is now available as a free download from the App Store.
The iPhone Dev Team, known for its efforts towards iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking, has announced that one of its members, planetbeing, has reverse engineered Apple’s hardware drivers, and has released a bare-bones version of Linux that runs on the iPhone and first-generation iPod touch. The release lacks support for the NAND memory, wireless networking, touchscreen, sound, and more, and is more of a proof-of-concept release than a viable alternative to the iPhone OS.
Online form service FormSpring has announced the release of its FormSpring Pro app for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new application allows users to view and collect data, search data, build complex searches and save them for repeated use, upload images from the iPhone’s camera, upload audio using a microphone, and tag form submissions with GPS coordinates. FormSpring Pro requires a FormSpring API key and is available now from the App Store for $10.
Acrylic Software has announced the release of its Wallet application for iPhone and iPod touch. Wallet is a database application for storing and organizing personal information such as serial numbers, web passwords, credit card numbers, and more. Features include 256-bit AES encryption, the ability to create, edit, and remove both groups and entries, searching, and wireless syncing with the Mac OS X version either using MobileMe or via local Wi-Fi. Wallet for iPhone and iPod touch is available now from the App Store and sells for $4.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts