Mix: Journalists, Apple TV, Fake Steve, Creative Technology
The San Jose Business Journal reports: “Apple has been ordered to pay the legal fees of online journalists after an unsuccessful attempt by the company to make them reveal sources of information used in stories. Apple will have to pay more than $750,000 to lawyers who defended the journalists.”
According to a survey by ChangeWave Alliance on trends for the digital living room, the Apple TV has the best chance of mass market acceptance among media centers. “Apple has shown the ability both to innovate and simplify its designs to consumers,” said one respondent. “iPod is opening channels to Apple in a big way.” Another said, “They understand the biggest impediment to adoption is that people hate complexity, they just want to plug in and play.”
The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs, a humorous blog written by “Apple CEO Steve Jobs,” appears to be shutting down. “Well my friggin lawyers are advising me that I will have to shut down this scandalous old blog,” writes Fake Steve. “Details not worth going into here. Someday I’ll be able to explain. Maybe I’ll write a book or something.”
Creative Technology this week reported second-quarter net income of $92.2 million, largely due to a licensing payment from Apple. “The big jump in net income during the second quarter came largely from a US$100 million licensing payment received from Apple. That payment contributed $82 million in net income, Creative said. Excluding the Apple payment and investment gains, Creative’s net income for the second quarter was $9.9 million.”
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?