Mix: Keynote Remote, Pandora, Rogers, AdMob
Apple has released its Keynote Remote application for iPhone and iPod touch. The new app allows users to control Keynote slide presentations on their computers directly from their devices via a Wi-Fi connection. Simple swipe gestures allow users to move back and forth through slides, and users may preview the next slide in landscape view, or view presenter notes while in portrait mode. Keynote Remote requires Keynote ‘09 and is available now for $1.
Pandora Radio has released version 2.0 of its application for the iPhone and iPod touch. New in the updated version is a CoverFlow view for recent songs, artist bios, and the ability to create genre-based stations, play song samples for bookmarked tracks, and tap album art to see a progress bar, create a station from the current song or artist, or email the current station to a friend. Pandora Radio 2.0 is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Rogers Communications has announced that they added 199,000 net subscribers in the fourth quarter, helped along by sales of the iPhone. The Canadian iPhone carrier said it added 130,000 iPhone customers in the quarter, with new subscribers representing 40 percent of that total.
Mobile advertising firm AdMob has revealed that iPod touch requests more than tripled worldwide from November to December. The firm said there was a particularly large spike in requests the week after Christmas, although it is unclear how many of the increased requests can be attributed to sales of AdMob-supported applications. According to the company, the iPod touch is now the #2 device in the AdMob network; the iPhone and iPod touch now represent 15.5 percent of all worldwide requests.
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Apple eyed Bill Simmons for exclusive podcast deal
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?