Mix: Keynote Remote, Pandora, Rogers, AdMob
Published: Thursday, January 8, 2009
Apple has released its Keynote Remote application for iPhone and iPod touch. The new app allows users to control Keynote slide presentations on their computers directly from their devices via a Wi-Fi connection. Simple swipe gestures allow users to move back and forth through slides, and users may preview the next slide in landscape view, or view presenter notes while in portrait mode. Keynote Remote requires Keynote ‘09 and is available now for $1.
Pandora Radio has released version 2.0 of its application for the iPhone and iPod touch. New in the updated version is a CoverFlow view for recent songs, artist bios, and the ability to create genre-based stations, play song samples for bookmarked tracks, and tap album art to see a progress bar, create a station from the current song or artist, or email the current station to a friend. Pandora Radio 2.0 is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Rogers Communications has announced that they added 199,000 net subscribers in the fourth quarter, helped along by sales of the iPhone. The Canadian iPhone carrier said it added 130,000 iPhone customers in the quarter, with new subscribers representing 40 percent of that total.
Mobile advertising firm AdMob has revealed that iPod touch requests more than tripled worldwide from November to December. The firm said there was a particularly large spike in requests the week after Christmas, although it is unclear how many of the increased requests can be attributed to sales of AdMob-supported applications. According to the company, the iPod touch is now the #2 device in the AdMob network; the iPhone and iPod touch now represent 15.5 percent of all worldwide requests.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number