Mix: LA Times, eBay, McDonald’s, Calendar, Gold
A new report from Packaged Facts states that $152.5 million in MP3 player sales took place on auction site eBay in 2006, representing more than 1.4 million units sold.
McDonald’s has announced that it will work with U.K. wireless company Cloud Networks to offer free Wi-Fi internet access in its 1,200 U.K. restaurants. The Cloud recently announced a partnership with O2 to offer Wi-Fi access for U.K. iPhone owners as part of their monthly tariff.
According to a Mac Rumors forum post, Apple CEO Steve Jobs said in an email that the inability of the iPod touch to edit or add calendar events is a “bug” and that it will be fixed “in a future software update.” This claim is currently unconfirmed.
Goldstriker International plans to offer a gold-plated iPhone later this month. The gold will apparently be applied to both the chrome front surround and metallic rear portion of the phone. Pricing has yet to be announced.
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?