Mix: Labor Day, iOS 4.1 9/8, Vibrating iPod touch
iLounge will be only modestly updated today as our editors celebrate Labor Day. We hope you, your family, and friends enjoy a relaxing holiday together.
iOS 4.1 will be released for the iPhone and iPod touch on September 8, 2010, according to a small banner on Apple’s United Kingdom website. The text, which has since reverted to ‘Coming Soon,’ did not appear on the United States Apple site, but is likely to be accurate. A subsequent release of iOS 4.2 to let iPad users in on the fun is still planned for November. (via Macworld UK)
The new iPod touch 4G packs a vibrating motor, apparently to signal incoming FaceTime requests while the device is in silent mode, notes an FCC teardown of the new device. This motor adds one of the few remaining iPhone hardware features that previously differentiated the iPod touch from its more powerful cousin; it is likely activated and deactivated in Settings, as the iPod touch has no ringer switch. (via MacRumors)
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?