Mix: LifeDrive, Jesus’ iPod, Rhapsody, Automator
PalmOne’s unannounced new LifeDrive has showed up on Amazon.com. The “multimedia-centric handheld” has a built-in 4GB Microdrive, 320 x 480 color LCD, WiFi, and Bluetooth. “Combined with organizer features, the music-playing handheld could compete with Apple’s $199 4GB iPod mini,” says CNET News.com.
Mark Morford of the San Francisco Gate has written a follow-up to his “What’s on Jesus’ iPod?” article with reader suggestions of Ministry, Moby, Metallica and many more. See what iLoungers think would be on his iPod in our forums.
PC World’s Edward N. Albro says RealNetworks’ new music service doesn’t work as advertised. “Despite trying with two IRiver H10 MP3 players, two Rhapsody accounts, and two PCs, and getting suggestions from Real engineers, I was never able to transfer any Rhapsody track I hadn’t bought outright onto a portable player,” he says. “For me, at any rate, Rhapsody To Go just didn’t work.”
Engadget has posted a how-to on using Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger’s new Automator application to load your iPod with audio generated from text-based websites.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?