Mix: London, Shuffle demand, Dell & Napster, iTMS Estimator
Published: Thursday, July 7, 2005
Following the horrific bomb blasts in London today, Apple has closed its flagship store in the city. “For the security of our customers and employees, the Apple Store, Regent Street, will be closed for the rest of the day,” reads a brief statement on Apple’s website. “Our hearts go out to all those affected by this morningâ€™s events in central London.â€?
Banc of America said today that it expects Apple to ship 5.4 million iPods this quarter, but that demand for the iPod shuffle has been weak. “We expect a new Shuffle in the next few months, and believe an LCD-based refresh is needed,” the firm said.
Dell and Napster are teaming up to offer colleges a complete solution for students to download legal music.
iTunes Music Store Estimator is a Mac OS X application that helps users play Apple’s countdown to half a billion songs contest by displaying the estimated current total of tracks sold on the iTunes Music Store as well as an estimate of the next milestone sale (every 100,000th track).
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone