Mix: Lotus, Salary, Pocket Express, Squid Case
Despite reports that IBM planned to introduce a version of its Lotus Notes e-mail client for the iPhone this week at the Lotusphere conference, the company says it is not ready to release the software. “It’s not something that (is) ready to go out and market or launch,” an IBM spokesperson said. The software is expected to allow iPhone users access to the full range of Notes tools, including e-mail, calendars and databases.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs once again took only $1 in salary from the company in 2007, a tradition dating back to the co-founder’s return in 1997. Jobs did gain $14.6 million on paper over the year, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, by exercising stock options that were about to expire. According to Apple’s proxy report, Jobs has accumulated around 5.5 million shares Apple stock in the last ten years, worth an estimated $730 million.
Handmark has launched Pocket Express Travel, a new web application for iPhone. Pocket Express Travel for the iPhone and iPod Touch gives users on-the-go access to accurate airline schedules and flight statuses, detailed hotel information and books from Hotels.com, dozens of click-to-call travel numbers for airlines, rental car agencies, and more, a 24/7 round-the-clock travel reservations service, automatic conversions for 164 global currencies, and exclusive travel commentaries. To access the service, visit pocketexpress.com from an iPhone or iPod touch.
Shana Logic has introduced its new Squid iPhone Case. The slim, sleeve-style case is handmade from red vinyl and features red side stitching and a distressed pattern that reveals a squid design, which carries from the front to the rear of the case. The Shana Logic Squid iPhone Case is available for pre-order now for $25 and is expected to begin shipping on February 6.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0