Mix: MAME, Samsung, Teeth, Vodafone
A new project to port MAME — the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator — to the iPhone has been launched. No application installer has yet been released; early builds of the application are successfully running games such as Pac-Man and Q*Bert.
Samsung has introduced a 160GB 1.8-inch hard drive, the same size as Apple uses in its hard drive-based iPods. It is unknown whether this new high-capacity drive will appear in any future iPod models.
Japanese researchers have developed a new system that uses infrared sensors and a microcomputer to let people operate music players such as the iPod by clenching their teeth. The system is also able to differentiate between commands and common motions such as chewing or talking.
A new report from Tech.co.uk claims that Vodafone is once again a frontrunner to sign an exclusive deal with Apple to carry the iPhone in Europe. Last week, a product page on the Mobile.co.uk website suggested that both O2 and Vodafone may provide service for the iPhone in the UK.
- Tim Cook to host Hillary Clinton fundraiser
- Report: Apple to update Apple Store app with personalized recommendations
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Elgato Avea Flare Portable Mood Light
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app