Mix: MicroMemo, Advance Auto Parts, iPopMyBaby, 50 Cent
XtremeMac has added a white version of its MicroMemo audio recorder for fifth-generation iPods. “In response to consumer interest, we have decided to make MicroMemo available in white as well as black,” said the company. “The white units will ship approximately 4-6 weeks after the first black units begin shipping. Both the white and black versions are now available for pre-order via our website.”
Advance Auto Parts is now offering free iPod-compatible car repair “how-to” videos. The video clinics show viewers how to perform a variety of maintenance tasks, including replacing brake pads, changing oil or installing shocks and struts.
iPodMyBaby.com has announced that it has changed its name to iPopMyBaby.com. “We received a letter from Apple to change our website address,” said David Schroeder, co-founder of iPodMyBaby.com. “We own the iPod baby clothing space, which probably scares Apple a little bit as we are selling thousands of iPod baby outfits and they aren’t selling any at all.”
Rap star 50 Cent is reportedly in negotiations with Apple to create a line of affordable computers for inner-city residents. “I’m creating a foundation that will be around for a long time, because fame can come and go or get lost in the lifestyle and the splurging,” Fifty Cent explained to Forbes. “I never got into it for the music. I got into it for the business.” “He [Jobs] is setting a new standard in the music business,” Chris Lighty of Violator management added. “Let’s just say we get each other.”
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?