Mix: MicroMemo, Advance Auto Parts, iPopMyBaby, 50 Cent
XtremeMac has added a white version of its MicroMemo audio recorder for fifth-generation iPods. “In response to consumer interest, we have decided to make MicroMemo available in white as well as black,” said the company. “The white units will ship approximately 4-6 weeks after the first black units begin shipping. Both the white and black versions are now available for pre-order via our website.”
Advance Auto Parts is now offering free iPod-compatible car repair “how-to” videos. The video clinics show viewers how to perform a variety of maintenance tasks, including replacing brake pads, changing oil or installing shocks and struts.
iPodMyBaby.com has announced that it has changed its name to iPopMyBaby.com. “We received a letter from Apple to change our website address,” said David Schroeder, co-founder of iPodMyBaby.com. “We own the iPod baby clothing space, which probably scares Apple a little bit as we are selling thousands of iPod baby outfits and they aren’t selling any at all.”
Rap star 50 Cent is reportedly in negotiations with Apple to create a line of affordable computers for inner-city residents. “I’m creating a foundation that will be around for a long time, because fame can come and go or get lost in the lifestyle and the splurging,” Fifty Cent explained to Forbes. “I never got into it for the music. I got into it for the business.” “He [Jobs] is setting a new standard in the music business,” Chris Lighty of Violator management added. “Let’s just say we get each other.”
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?