Mix: MicroMemo, Advance Auto Parts, iPopMyBaby, 50 Cent
XtremeMac has added a white version of its MicroMemo audio recorder for fifth-generation iPods. “In response to consumer interest, we have decided to make MicroMemo available in white as well as black,” said the company. “The white units will ship approximately 4-6 weeks after the first black units begin shipping. Both the white and black versions are now available for pre-order via our website.”
Advance Auto Parts is now offering free iPod-compatible car repair “how-to” videos. The video clinics show viewers how to perform a variety of maintenance tasks, including replacing brake pads, changing oil or installing shocks and struts.
iPodMyBaby.com has announced that it has changed its name to iPopMyBaby.com. “We received a letter from Apple to change our website address,” said David Schroeder, co-founder of iPodMyBaby.com. “We own the iPod baby clothing space, which probably scares Apple a little bit as we are selling thousands of iPod baby outfits and they aren’t selling any at all.”
Rap star 50 Cent is reportedly in negotiations with Apple to create a line of affordable computers for inner-city residents. “I’m creating a foundation that will be around for a long time, because fame can come and go or get lost in the lifestyle and the splurging,” Fifty Cent explained to Forbes. “I never got into it for the music. I got into it for the business.” “He [Jobs] is setting a new standard in the music business,” Chris Lighty of Violator management added. “Let’s just say we get each other.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?