Mix: Million download apps, iPhone 3GS reporting, XtremeMac
Two iPhone developers are touting a million downloads of their respective apps, with one becoming the first paid iPhone application to reach a million downloads. Freeverse has announced that its Flick Fishing game has become the first paid application to reach the million download milestone, with the one millionth copy being sold over the weekend. In addition, nearly 10% of users have made in-app purchases of a new fishing location and new fish since the feature came online last week. Online movie ticketing service Fandango has also announced that its application for the iPhone and iPod touch has been downloaded one million times since its launch on March 13.
A pair of TV reporters—Kris Reyes from Citytv in Toronto and Gio Benitez from CBS 4 in Miami—both shot reports of the iPhone 3GS launch using an iPhone 3GS. Reyes’ piece can be seen here, while Benitez’ segment is available from CBS 4’s video library.
XtremeMac has announced several new cases for the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The company’s Tuffwrap line of silicone cases is being expanded to include the two-tone Tuffwrap Accent and laser-etched Tuffwrap Tatu, while the Microshield line of low-profile plastic cases gains an Accent model with an ergonomic rubber border, and a Tatu model with textured sides and custom-designed artwork. All four new cases will include a screen protector and viewing stand, and will begin arriving in mid-July for prices ranging from $20-$30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels