Mix: Million download apps, iPhone 3GS reporting, XtremeMac
Two iPhone developers are touting a million downloads of their respective apps, with one becoming the first paid iPhone application to reach a million downloads. Freeverse has announced that its Flick Fishing game has become the first paid application to reach the million download milestone, with the one millionth copy being sold over the weekend. In addition, nearly 10% of users have made in-app purchases of a new fishing location and new fish since the feature came online last week. Online movie ticketing service Fandango has also announced that its application for the iPhone and iPod touch has been downloaded one million times since its launch on March 13.
A pair of TV reporters—Kris Reyes from Citytv in Toronto and Gio Benitez from CBS 4 in Miami—both shot reports of the iPhone 3GS launch using an iPhone 3GS. Reyes’ piece can be seen here, while Benitez’ segment is available from CBS 4’s video library.
XtremeMac has announced several new cases for the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The company’s Tuffwrap line of silicone cases is being expanded to include the two-tone Tuffwrap Accent and laser-etched Tuffwrap Tatu, while the Microshield line of low-profile plastic cases gains an Accent model with an ergonomic rubber border, and a Tatu model with textured sides and custom-designed artwork. All four new cases will include a screen protector and viewing stand, and will begin arriving in mid-July for prices ranging from $20-$30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015