Mix: Million download apps, iPhone 3GS reporting, XtremeMac
Two iPhone developers are touting a million downloads of their respective apps, with one becoming the first paid iPhone application to reach a million downloads. Freeverse has announced that its Flick Fishing game has become the first paid application to reach the million download milestone, with the one millionth copy being sold over the weekend. In addition, nearly 10% of users have made in-app purchases of a new fishing location and new fish since the feature came online last week. Online movie ticketing service Fandango has also announced that its application for the iPhone and iPod touch has been downloaded one million times since its launch on March 13.
A pair of TV reporters—Kris Reyes from Citytv in Toronto and Gio Benitez from CBS 4 in Miami—both shot reports of the iPhone 3GS launch using an iPhone 3GS. Reyes’ piece can be seen here, while Benitez’ segment is available from CBS 4’s video library.
XtremeMac has announced several new cases for the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The company’s Tuffwrap line of silicone cases is being expanded to include the two-tone Tuffwrap Accent and laser-etched Tuffwrap Tatu, while the Microshield line of low-profile plastic cases gains an Accent model with an ergonomic rubber border, and a Tatu model with textured sides and custom-designed artwork. All four new cases will include a screen protector and viewing stand, and will begin arriving in mid-July for prices ranging from $20-$30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks