Mix: Million download apps, iPhone 3GS reporting, XtremeMac
Two iPhone developers are touting a million downloads of their respective apps, with one becoming the first paid iPhone application to reach a million downloads. Freeverse has announced that its Flick Fishing game has become the first paid application to reach the million download milestone, with the one millionth copy being sold over the weekend. In addition, nearly 10% of users have made in-app purchases of a new fishing location and new fish since the feature came online last week. Online movie ticketing service Fandango has also announced that its application for the iPhone and iPod touch has been downloaded one million times since its launch on March 13.
A pair of TV reporters—Kris Reyes from Citytv in Toronto and Gio Benitez from CBS 4 in Miami—both shot reports of the iPhone 3GS launch using an iPhone 3GS. Reyes’ piece can be seen here, while Benitez’ segment is available from CBS 4’s video library.
XtremeMac has announced several new cases for the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The company’s Tuffwrap line of silicone cases is being expanded to include the two-tone Tuffwrap Accent and laser-etched Tuffwrap Tatu, while the Microshield line of low-profile plastic cases gains an Accent model with an ergonomic rubber border, and a Tatu model with textured sides and custom-designed artwork. All four new cases will include a screen protector and viewing stand, and will begin arriving in mid-July for prices ranging from $20-$30.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0